FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   What is your favorite morph? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247642)

Mile_High_Dragons 05-27-2011 04:26 AM

What is your favorite morph?

Hey everyone! I was curious...what is YOUR all time. Favorite color morph of Bearded Dragon? And why?

Mine is probably Silkbacks. Because they dont have any spikes. Just smoooooth smooth smooth! :)

TriniDragons 05-27-2011 04:32 AM

A red hypo x leatherback because they dont feel so ruff on there backs and still have side bars make them look really nice and the red just makes em stand out ..

DNA Dragons 05-30-2011 05:42 PM

My dunner (Co-dominate stripe) bearded dragon is hands down the best looking morph I have seen. Can't wait to see where this morph goes.

jellyfishrhythm 05-31-2011 03:23 PM

Nothing in my opinion beats a really well-bred marketed leucisitc - holy cow, they're beautiful. I have one who's actually a yellow pastel x ML cross who 99% of the time is bright, bright white with just the slightest lavender side bars and a yellowy-peach beard. Absolutely stunning. I'm cool with leathers and reduced scales, but in terms of the type of scales, the spikier the bettter! That's what makes a bearded dragon a bearded dragon! Any reptile you need to put lotion on doesn't quite seem naturaly to me...I've seen some pretty silkies, but in my opinion, the lack of spikes makes them lose that regal quality.

radera5 05-31-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyfishrhythm (Post 1291137)
Nothing in my opinion beats a really well-bred marketed leucisitc - holy cow, they're beautiful. I have one who's actually a yellow pastel x ML cross who 99% of the time is bright, bright white with just the slightest lavender side bars and a yellowy-peach beard. Absolutely stunning. I'm cool with leathers and reduced scales, but in terms of the type of scales, the spikier the bettter! That's what makes a bearded dragon a bearded dragon! Any reptile you need to put lotion on doesn't quite seem naturaly to me...I've seen some pretty silkies, but in my opinion, the lack of spikes makes them lose that regal quality.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

jellyfishrhythm 05-31-2011 03:28 PM

UGH I feel like such a moron when I make typographical errors... >.<
*natural, not "naturaly", which clearly is not a word.

frillielover17 06-01-2011 01:47 PM

Is it crazy of me to say that I LOVE a good true normal phase dragon? There is just something about the normals that give them a wild look to them. I also love any high yellow dragon (normal scaling). I love hypo-trans just simply because the color stands out and the eyes are wild.

jellyfishrhythm 06-01-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frillielover17 (Post 1291909)
Is it crazy of me to say that I LOVE a good true normal phase dragon? There is just something about the normals that give them a wild look to them. I also love any high yellow dragon (normal scaling). I love hypo-trans just simply because the color stands out and the eyes are wild.

...not at all! ...there's something authentic and nice about a dragon that has a decent shot of surviving in their natural wild environment, haha. All these screaming yellows and reds and oranges and reduced scales and don't even get me STARTED on silkies...? ...just drawing more attention to themselves as a tasty snack! ;-)

frillielover17 06-01-2011 03:21 PM

Well depending where in the wild you look beardies can naturally be red and yellow and orange but I'm a weirdo who likes the "dull" normals. I personally LOVE the P. Barbattas and wish we had them in the states but most people think they are boring looking.

I'll be completely honest, I'm not a big fan of leathers and more-so silkies but they have come a long way and are becoming hardier lines. Don't think I'd go out of my way to buy one though.

pdragon 06-01-2011 04:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Paradox dragons are my favorite.
Josh