FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   William Gangemi (at repticon) (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=644742)

LauraB 10-25-2019 10:13 PM

LOL, Will Nelson! Comparing illlegal collection and smuggling of thousands of turtles to China (just his LATEST case alone) with responsible legal herp ownership is just laughable at best.
There is NO comparison.

Are you defending his actions?

You must still be holding a grudge against me for my criticism in your long-ago thread. You know the one ... I got bad karma from you back then, remember? :rotflmao:

Big Time Reptiles 10-26-2019 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandLizards (Post 2172735)
If you want to deny the fact there are similarities just to feel better about yourself and more superior then so be it.

:shootfootHere comes the boom! :popcorn_02:

IslandLizards 10-26-2019 08:22 AM

Obviously you are not seeing my point to what you stated previously which is not at all surprising.

Agreed, Elena. After all, seems only fair that he receive the same sentence that all those animals received for years .... involuntary confinement, torture, hunger, pain ...

There is your comparison. You may want to edit your previous reply and use something else to describe it.

Where did I say I was defending anything, you just used the wrong words of which described yourself as well. Think before you decide to reply to something just to make yourself look like the savior to all animals.

LauraB 10-26-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandLizards (Post 2172827)
Obviously you are not seeing my point to what you stated previously which is not at all surprising.

Agreed, Elena. After all, seems only fair that he receive the same sentence that all those animals received for years .... involuntary confinement, torture, hunger, pain ...

There is your comparison. You may want to edit your previous reply and use something else to describe it.

Where did I say I was defending anything, you just used the wrong words of which described yourself as well. Think before you decide to reply to something just to make yourself look like the savior to all animals.

Yeah, okay. You don't like my "involuntary confinement" words (of which described myself as well? Huh?) So sorry, Professor Nit-Picker. All I did was agree with Elena, but added my own "wrong" words. I'm deeply sorry those words did not meet with your standards or criteria. However, I hardly portrayed myself as "the savior to all animals", lol. That said, your valuable contribution here is noted (all 30-something posts) and I stand scolded, ashamed and corrected.

You're really looking a tad immature and petty, Professor ... but still good for a chuckle. Continue NOT to think before you decide to reply. :)

IslandLizards 10-26-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraB (Post 2172845)
Yeah, okay. You don't like my "involuntary confinement" words (of which described myself as well? Huh?) So sorry, Professor Nit-Picker. All I did was agree with Elena, but added my own "wrong" words. I'm deeply sorry those words did not meet with your standards or criteria. However, I hardly portrayed myself as "the savior to all animals", lol. That said, your valuable contribution here is noted (all 30-something posts) and I stand scolded, ashamed and corrected.

You're really looking a tad immature and petty, Professor ... but still good for a chuckle. Continue NOT to think before you decide to reply. :)

It sounds like you are getting upset. At least you can agree with me but how about you do it without being facetious? You likely cant because that would show you were incorrect. If you worded you reply differently then we wouldn't be having this conversation now would we?

And remember, quality before quantity. Commenting about someones' forum post count is pretty petty. Almost as if since one person has more posts they are more superior to the others' with less.... There was actually a good published article in medical journal somewhere about 5-6 years ago that compared that to low self esteem in the real (non internet) world and an individual's online persona.

Now, saying I am nitpicking is highly inaccurate because the definition of that word is the looking for unimportant faults or errors. What you stated is highly important. You are saying that he should be "involuntary confined" because that is what he did to those animals. Now doesn't that apply to everyone who "involuntary confines" animals? I would say it does.

I'm just a third party looking in on a conversation and keeping it neutral is all.

Socratic Monologue 10-26-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandLizards (Post 2172858)
keeping it neutral is all.

Because a twice-convicted wildlife smuggler needs someone in his corner, too, I suppose?

Yeah. Well. Um.

LauraB 10-26-2019 12:13 PM

Sigh ... yeah, okay Will. Keeping it neutral, lol. I am hardly upset nor have a problem with self esteem. Nor will I agree with you or lose my sarcastic tone.
Your feigned intellect / pseudo psychology is wearing thin, not to mention boring.

Please go find someone else to pick on or obsess over.

IslandLizards 10-26-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue (Post 2172867)
Because a twice-convicted wildlife smuggler needs someone in his corner, too, I suppose?

Yeah. Well. Um.

Stating "someone in his corner" would imply I am taking sides. Did I say neutral? I think I did but looks like selective reading is running rampant again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraB (Post 2172871)
Sigh ... yeah, okay Will. Keeping it neutral, lol. I am hardly upset nor have a problem with self esteem. Nor will I agree with you or lose my sarcastic tone.
Your feigned intellect / pseudo psychology is wearing thin, not to mention boring.

Please go find someone else to pick on or obsess over.

My intellect is real unfortunately for you. I'm not one of the usual people here you and your normal pack of groupies can gang up on that don't know any better. I'm not picking on anyone and for sure obsessing is out of the question. Again, my point is ignored like usual when the facts are out in the open.

You wont agree or lose your sarcastic tone because you are egotistical. The facts are right there yet you continue to deny it....

Ill get that article for you. It would be a good read for you. You may need it when the BOI goes away and your superiority of post count possibly goes away with it if the threads are removed.

Greg Valente 01-17-2020 09:28 PM

I had a experience of dealing with him and let me say one thing just gonwith your gut feeling wish I had that's all I will say

Richela 01-17-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Valente (Post 2186177)
I had a experience of dealing with him and let me say one thing just gonwith your gut feeling wish I had that's all I will say

Uh, I think we’d actually like to hear more of what you might have to say. It’s a bit frowned upon to make cryptic statements like this in the BOI.