FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Bpman850 Steven Miller *canceled payments for Bearded Dragon* (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300970)

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 03:05 AM

even if you get the money order i would cash it this is a known scammer and he was trying to steal from you and got busted red handed i wouldnt send anything back to him and i would consider the MO an @#$hole tax that he will not get back

hhmoore 02-09-2012 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1418312)
i wouldnt send anything back to him and i would consider the MO an @#$hole tax that he will not get back

That pretty much puts you in the same category. Mike Panzarella, huh? Thanks for letting us know.

Focal 02-09-2012 07:31 AM

:iagree:

That would be stealing Mike and setting a further bad example for this kid. I agree with the suggestions of cashing the MO and refunding through PayPal to avoid any other frivolous claims.

hhmoore 02-09-2012 08:23 AM

PayPal released the payment....but, if it was a credit card payment, they can still dispute. As others have said, IF you get the money order - make a copy (taking a picture works) of it, then cash it immediately. Record the date/time cashed on your copy, then PROMPTLY, refund the PayPal payment.
If you hold the money order, it allows more time for him to cancel payment.

This may sound like a paranoid approach, but with his - ummmm....- questionable history, you're better off securing payment and covering your butt in the process.

mikepanzarella 02-09-2012 10:24 AM

100% i will keep your money if i catch you red handed trying to steal from me same way if i catch you in my house i will kill you.
what hes doing is going out and finding people to scam how am I put in that category
im not looking to scam anyone

Susan S. 02-09-2012 10:35 AM

RE: "how long do you think the dragon will get to 500g?

Steven thinks he will become a big breeder someday. He's like so many young people who look at what current prices of the designer herps and think they are going to accomplish the position of bringing in cash like that sometime soon. Unfortunately they don't understand there is a whole lot of knowledge, experience and very hard work that stands between them and that goal! You have to know what you are doing and it is wise to learn that FIRST before amassing the expensive animals. His first ball python is a Piebald.....and with all the questions he asked me about it - most recently he wanted me to remove a retained eye cap- it makes it real clear to me that he doesn't know much and certainly not even a fraction of what he needs to know to breed!:rofl:

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles

hhmoore 02-09-2012 10:43 AM

Playing devil's advocate for a moment - what if the "kid" did use his mother's PayPal without her permission, and she reported an unauthorized payment?
Regardless of whether it happened like that, PayPal released the hold on the payment. The buyer has stated that he would send payment by money order, since the initial payment was in dispute. Seems like a pretty reasonable gesture (as long as he follows through with it, and people ARE watching for confirmation of that)...but what logic suggests that the seller should be able to keep BOTH payments?
Well, yours does :ack2:; and people have taken note of that as well. You may not be "looking" to scam anyone; but your own words indicate you would keep somebody's money if you had a chance.

There have been a couple of occasions in which I have had issues with PayPal after I sent payment. Those sellers could have thought I was trying to screw them over, and I immediately made payment another way when I found out about the problems. Thankfully, you were not the person on the receiving end of my money, and the extra payments were returned when PayPal got fixed.

Focal 02-09-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikepanzarella (Post 1418347)
100% i will keep your money if i catch you red handed trying to steal from me same way if i catch you in my house i will kill you.
what hes doing is going out and finding people to scam how am I put in that category
im not looking to scam anyone

:NoNo: If the money order shows, then he wasn't scamming, right? Why keep double the money at this point? If somebody paid you twice to ensure you got your money, you would still keep both? Yeah, that's scamming!
BTW, killing someone just because they are inside of your house is murder.

Draco11 02-09-2012 11:17 AM

I'f money order show's up I'll post a copy on here, and send it back. I was just fighting for the initial price agreed to.

At least by asking someone else to remove an eye cap on his snake says he, somewhat cares for it. He'll find out quick that the care, feeding, is costly if he trys to breed him. breeding and raising costs add up when rearing a clutch of beardies and if he sells that clutch. He finds the bearded layed another. lol he'll live and learn that this is a hobby first. only big scale breeders make more of a profit, since they have lots of clutches at a time to care for.
And if Steven dos'nt provide everything for clutches and for the gravid female he might end up loosing his fem. If he dosn't properly take care of her while she's gravid, same for cluch if they don't get what they need, they might not survive, or he'll just have a sickly bunch.
So by his lack of knowledge. It gets him nowhere, and I hope he lerns his lesson one day down the road. Either that or he might find himself in prision for going to far someday.

BaltimoreBees 02-09-2012 01:27 PM

Hopefully he at least has been reading the discussion forums so he gets some helpful pointers without having to even ask. I can't really say if he asked me for care tips that I'd turn him down on help, it's not the animals fault Daddy is making very poor decisions... Would never do business with him but I won't ever turn someone down if their animal is suffering. Just my two cents as a bleeding heart for the neglected and abused animals. If there's anything I can do to help, Sonia, let me know and I will gladly do what I can (even though I'm new, I'll do my very best).
Does anybody know this guys age? I almost wonder if he's really young and nobody ever taught him Internet etiquette, possibly honesty as well. I'm sure he will get a good teaching here. What's common sense to some is perplexing to another. I'm not defending him by any means, just a thought :)