FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Welcome Room & New Member Intros (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=796)
-   -   Marcia McGuiness - "The Lizard Lady" (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15749)

Golden Gate Geckos 03-24-2003 02:14 PM

Marcia McGuiness - "Golden Gate Geckos"

1 Attachment(s)
I really like this idea! It's a great way to associate a face with a name when reading through the various forums.

I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on 6/3/54, a 3rd generation American from Irish immigrants. My family moved all over the country because my Dad had a 20 year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, and we finally settled in the San Francisco Bay area when my Dad retired and I was in High School.

I got my B.S. from San Jose State University in Materials Science, and went on to U.C Berkeley for my Master's in Chemical Engineering. I worked for a few large Hi-Tech companies in Silicon Valley in various capacities as an Engineer for nearly 26 years until I became totally disabled with severe FMS/MCSS, which is a neuro-autoimmune disease most likely due to overexposure to hazardous chemicals.

Now, I am an Ordained Minister and although I am not a full-time Pastor at my church, I work with chronically ill people and their families, and volunteer with the local Hospice for people with grief support. I counsel couples and perform lots of weddings, wich is a LOT of fun! I spend most my time raising/breeding Leopard Geckos, and when I can I enjoy going to schools doing educational presentations about reptiles with my Leos.

I have been married for over 30 years, have a daughter (almost 30) and a son (23), and 2 wonderful grandchildren, ages 11 and 9. I have a menagerie of critters, including 2 black Schnauzers that keep me company!

Stardust 03-24-2003 11:23 PM

Marcia,
It is nice to meet you. Red seems to get a bit fiery at times, don't you think? ;)

Golden Gate Geckos 03-25-2003 10:37 AM

"FIRE"

Hi Rozann!

LOL!!!! Yup, I guess we can get "all fired up" at times! But that can also be a GOOD thing, too! :cool:

JasonBrennan 03-29-2003 02:55 AM

Just a comment. You don't look old enough to have a 28 year old daughter. I am 29, .....maybe I was just really rough on my parents?:erm:

Golden Gate Geckos 03-29-2003 10:00 AM

GEE, THANKS!

Jason,

Yup, almost 49 years old! Trust me, in the unlikely event that I was to wear a bikini you'd be begging Rich to delete your post! Thanks, you made my day! (maybe even my week...) :blush:

Marcia McGuiness
"The Lizard Lady"
www.thelizardlady.net

Golden Gate Geckos 03-24-2004 01:33 PM

a year gone by...

Gee, it's been a year since I posted this originally, and I just wanted to update my kid's and grandkid's ages. My age, however, has remained the same and I look exactly the same as I did when this photo was taken a few years ago.
:lol01:

Sybella 03-24-2004 08:39 PM

LOL!! It's just the way I pictured you. ;)