FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Geckos Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   What is best to clear up egg mold? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69078)

HerpAddict 05-31-2005 04:32 PM

What is best to clear up egg mold?

Hi,

I was wondering what anybody uses to clear up mold that forms on eggs? And if you could also tell me how you use it, that would be awesome:)!

I have a 31 day old crested egg that is a little fuzzy, but I'm almost 100% positive that it's fertile because it glows pink/red, and I can see a mass in it.

Thanks a lot!
Amanda Heaton

CrazyRhacos 05-31-2005 07:14 PM

just leave it that is what i would do.a guy on a diffrent forum had a N.l.levis egg mold but some thing was in it so he left it and it hatched.if it lives it lives if not then owell thats what nature intended for it.but that is just my opinion.

-Jeff Bogdanoff
CrazyRhacos.

HerpAddict 05-31-2005 09:15 PM

I've been having so much egg troubles lately, I just want to do whatever I can to help them out, because I feel so bad!

Thanks though :)!

Milwaukee Reptiles 05-31-2005 11:10 PM

I've heard of peope using a foot powder, although I've never done it myself. My eggs tend to dry out more than be too humid because I keep them in the basement. Look for verification on the subject before you take my word for it though.

HerpAddict 05-31-2005 11:14 PM

Other than googling it, this is me asking for verification on the foot powder approach. I read in a post by Wendy Collins that she uses desenex, but I wasn't sure in what form, or how she applies it.

Thanks again,

Golden Gate Geckos 05-31-2005 11:41 PM

moldy eggs

Plain old cornstarch.

sircat 06-01-2005 12:40 AM

wow, sorry for the continuing egg problems...I hope it goes well...I've never heard of the foot powder method but sounds interesting...
not sure...is your incubator at 80 or more? maybe try it at 74-78?
I know your ratio must be good after all the previous posts trying to figure things out...
what kind of tupperware are you keeping them in and how are the holes? are you opening them so they get fresh air about once a week?
hope you can figure out how to solve the problems that are popping up

PaulSage 06-01-2005 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a clutch of corn snake eggs develop fungus last year. I had searched and searched for what to use to treat it. It had gotten pretty bad by the time I finally found what I thought I needed (I never heard of corn starch, but I'll definitely give that a try if it re-occurs... thanks!). I have no idea where I found the info, but it suggested athlete's foot powder. It couldn't be just any powder though, there was some ingredient that most of them have that I guess is harmful. Most athlete's foot stuff is spray it seems now, but this is the one I found and used. Of the 17 eggs, only 3 hatched. I don't know what to attribute it to, but the three that hatched successfully had plenty of the powder on them, so I don't think the powder caused the other ones to die. Maybe the clutch was just doomed from the start.

...now that I'm reading the back of the bottle, it lists corn starch as one of the inactive ingredients...