FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Snakes Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=336)
-   -   My False water cobra collection (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199950)

reticguy76 09-14-2011 11:09 PM

have there been any super hypos x super hypos breedings.

couple good looking animals, gotta expect them to be almost patternless, if not totally patternless

i cant wait to try my pair this year. im really wanting to come across a nice super hypo (or even nice clean hypo) at some point

spidey 09-15-2011 12:48 AM

Second clutch from female!

4 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

Here is the second clutch Bob produced this year. Way to go Bob!:beer:
I was lucky enough to hatch them out for him.
Attachment 286840

Attachment 286841

MOTHER Shes a nice Normal:D

Attachment 286846

FATHER Hes a high Yellow Hypo:smokin:

Attachment 286847

These beauties just started hatching over the past weekend.

We are going to pair the high yellow hypo male with my super hypo female this coming season. FWC lovers...get yourself ready for those!
Thats if Bob and I dont keep them all!! :bluegrab:

YOU KNOW YOU WANT SOME!!

iiicroweiii 12-03-2011 02:13 AM

I love this thread!!!!!!

Vic Herrick 01-13-2012 01:19 AM

FWC's, what's in the name?

Dear Jay,

I have long been interested in this Genus and someday I would like to work with them. I hear the feeding response is so intense it is amazing, even more so than Drymarchon (indigos/cribos). Is that true?

False Water cobra...? Do they hood up like real cobras (Naja?) Do yours ever hood up? Maybe that is only with wild caught nervous ones?

cool snakes, I will go check out your posts of YT. Thanks for posting, Vic

bigdogg 01-13-2012 06:53 AM

I have a captive born and bred pair. Hypo Male produced from 2 complete normals and a Het Hypo female. Both are crazy ridiculous feeders. And both hood up all the time. They don't stand up like a cobra but they hood and cruise around. Female is nippy but male hasn't been bad unless I disturb him while breeding.

Vic Herrick 01-13-2012 10:39 AM

FWC...what's in the name?

thanks for the response...I viewed some YT footage and I saw what enthusiastic feeders they are, also some hooding behavior. I also see some hooding in the juveniles that Spidey posted. Interesting behavior...they look like fun but are not for everybody. They seem to be popular with experienced keepers, and rightfully so, a 6 or 7 foot wild and crazy feeding response and mildly venomous snake is a challenging handfull at times. I look forward to working with them, everyone I have spoken to with them enjoys them. Good luck, Vic

nine0proof 01-13-2012 01:23 PM

All around awesome snakes! Id recommend them to anyone interested in them that has the space to house them. I keep my adults it 4x2 enclosers. They are very smart snakes, and they love to eat!

reticguy76 01-13-2012 07:53 PM

my female has refused food the last month or so offered. she is in with my male. hopefully see some ovulation and such soon. ive never seen them lock, so hopin they get freaky at night or something. i love these snakes a lot

Tim Cole 01-13-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reticguy76 (Post 1407455)
my female has refused food the last month or so offered. she is in with my male. hopefully see some ovulation and such soon. ive never seen them lock, so hopin they get freaky at night or something. i love these snakes a lot

I had to cool them into the low 60's to get them breeding.

reticguy76 01-13-2012 07:59 PM

oh wow. i heard the temps had to drop some, didnt realize that low