FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canadian Board of Inquiry® (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=614)
-   -   Brian Horton alias Turtle Joe and Blackflag (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560896)

RoseK 01-03-2016 01:08 PM

Brian Horton alias Turtle Joe and Blackflag

1 Attachment(s)
MODS: I accidentally posted this in the non-Canadian BOI forum. Feel free to delete that post.

I hate that my first post to this forum is a negative one, but I need to let the Ontario community know about something that happened to me and could happen to them.

On December 24, I noticed a Budgett's frog for sale on kijiji, with the seller located in Barrie, Ontario. Here is a link to the original ad:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-reptiles-amph...ale/1127276892

I emailed him for particulars and Brian was very responsive. When he learned I was in Hamilton, he offered to deliver the frog to my home for an added delivery fee. We agreed that he would deliver to my office in Brampton on Tuesday, December 29. I sent him the money via electronic transfer. I've attached the e-transfer receipt as proof.

December 29 we had a snowstorm in Hamilton so I worked from home, and notified Brian that delivery would have to be postponed. Hours later, he said that was fine. We then agreed on December 30, but later in the day he said he was snowbound too. No sweat, it can happen.

I asked him if, weather conditions aside, he could guarantee delivery at my office between 9:00 a.m. and noon on December 31. Here is my message:

Rose Keefe
To Kijiji User Dec 30 at 1:49 PM
I understand. I just needed to know. I was in a similar situation yesterday.

Would you be able to deliver between 9 and noon tomorrow?

Here is his reply:
I literally put my car through the garage door this morning if it makes you feel any better lol. Yes we can do that no problem.

Well, the next day I waited until noon and nothing. I'd specified noon because my office was closing and I couldn't get a delivery there afterwards. I tried to call him because I couldn't wait around any longer but his voicemail box was full and he did not reply to texts. Finally he did reply to a Facebook message at close to 3:00 p.m. and said they "usually operate from 8-6 with deliveries" anyway. I asked him why he didn't tell me that when he agreed to deliver before noon and he ignored me.

I could see that he read the message, but he did not answer until 4:00, when he said he could deliver to my home in Hamilton that night. By that point I was really concerned that I'd never see the frog, so I showed his evening delivery promise to a lawyer friend who happened to be at the New Year's Eve get-together. He read it and advised that if Brian did not deliver the frog by evening (without indicating why), I should ask for my money back.

I told Brian exactly that, and suddenly he stopped ignoring me. He became verbally abusive and said I was getting a refund. I told him it concerned me that he was no longer so responsive after he had my money and he blew up.

I messaged him New Year's Day and asked when I could expect my return e-transfer. He replied, "Banks are closed. Sorry. Hopefully Saturday." Um, what? He could still transfer the money back! Saturday came and nothing. He also relisted the frog on kijiji even though he still had my money and until he returns it, that animal is legally mine. See this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-reptiles-amph...SearchNavigati

SCroll down to look at Amphibians. Only now he lists the same frog for $150!

I messaged him on FB and said I wanted the money sent back to me by midnight or I was calling the police. He flipped on me, called me names, and blocked me. So later today I'm filing a police report with the Barrie OPP detachment.

Has anyone else dealt with or been screwed over by this guy?

Rose Keefe

RoseK 01-03-2016 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got another message from him after making this post. He asked me if I was willing to be "normal" and he would give me my money or the deliver the frog to me in Hamilton today. I said I wanted the frog, and asked him to deliver to a Hamilton reptile store where I volunteer on Sundays. The thought that other herp people would be around apparently triggered something, because he sent me this message. See screenshot. You can see the phone number it's from and Google it to his Kijiji ads.

He's implying that me complaining to others in the community is going to cost me. I don't think a Small Claims Court judge would agree with his way of doing business.

RoseK 01-04-2016 01:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE: He finally agreed to deliver yesterday. But when he found out it would have to be at a reptile store where I volunteer (and which has a lot of herp people around on the weekend), here's what he texted me.

You act like you or the store and the people in it matter to me.

In fact, I just finished reading a message that you left on our Facebook messenger about a brother that's a lawyer and that compensation would be due for wasting your time?

(My note: I never said that. Because he did not honour the noon deadline he promised on December 31 but insisted the frog was still coming that day, I decided to wait and missed my ride home from Brampton to Hamilton. I had to pay for a bus instead when I finally went home without him showing up. The lawyer I spoke to on NYE (see my first post- and it was my brother-in-law, not brother) said I should ask him to pay the expense I incurred in the name of good customer relations. Could I have forced the issue? Likely not. But he gave me reason to believe he was still coming until it was too late, so I was angry.)

The delivery was set and YOU changed it to the day before New Year's. What did you expect?

(Actually, HE changed the date. See the attached image, showing the date of December 30.)

There were 13 other people ahead of you on that list and I'm sorry, but you're not going to take priority over a list of people because you are a bum without a car, and have a stupid time frame.

We don't do time frames

Oh, really? See another attached image where he commits to a specific time frame!

Secondly, because you order something doesn't give you the right to harass myself or anyone else that works here.

I guess he defines harassment as demanding the frog or the return of my money.

I've been advised that he is banned from the Reptile Classifieds Forum on Facebook for abusive and threatening comments to the moderators and other members. If anyone sees his kijiji ads, BEWARE!

RoseK 01-04-2016 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
UPDATE:

After threatening to get the police involved, Brian Horton delivered to my workplace today. The frog was in a container with a piece of cardboard taped to the lid. He took off before I could remove the cardboard, but when I did, the following message was on it. This is priceless LMAO.

So here's a warning. Never deal with Brian Horton of Hawkestone, Ontario, if you don't like delayed deliveries, threats, and abuse.

Exclusive Snakes 01-04-2016 06:07 PM

Absolutely unprofessional. He is a horribly abusive person... I've experienced this and so have many others. He has a terrible reputation.

Exclusive Snakes 01-04-2016 06:07 PM

*Robin Moniz

Jace Foster 01-04-2016 07:00 PM

He is VERY bad news. I have dealt with this gentleman ( HA!) I know many others. I moderate about 6 reptile forums on facebook and he banned in ALL of them.

Nathan23 01-04-2016 08:26 PM

Hes attacked me for asking questions about his postings, he even sends abusive PM's then blocks you and Ive seen him abuse folks on his own classified add for asking for pics of an animal. You should post this on "the reptile boi and blacklist of canada" as well.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1589364201321008/

brianwilson83 01-05-2016 02:34 AM

Well hello everybody, why such a lovely post Rose, thanks really.

Long story short, the fatal attraction lady wanted a frog, makes delivery date and wants it delivered to her on new years eve. After not being able to get out of my driveway because of the weather and told her it has to be sent on Monday after the holidays.

That wasn't acceptable for her, she told me that she was in tears and going home crying after learning that, threatened quite the storm, in fact she even told me her brother was a lawyer in a message and demand me to pay her compensation for missing the drop off and having to find another way home.

I told her to give me her email address for a refund ( EMT ) because her abusive attitude, vulgar comments, and harassment wasn't going to get her a frog or any services in the future from us, and for awhile she refused to do so until I had to tell her that I wont be asking again for it.

She started to beg and plea for me to sell her the frog, apologizing for being rude and abusive ( which she doesn't care to show screenshots of, just what she wants you to see ). I decided that maybe she isn't completely mentally fit and its not her fault that she is like that, so I decided to be nice to her.

She then starts telling me she is calling the police if she doesn't see us by midnight. To add to the lawyers, the 10 other places and planets she threatened, all over a frog not getting delivered over the holiday weekend ?

So we ended up bringing her frogs to her like that. Don't think for a second you have the right to verbally abuse anyone from our company. First time this issue has arouse for us, surely it wont be the last. Its how you deal with the issues, and that's how I had my laugh with it. Its pretty funny you must admit.

Warning to anyone that wants to sell to Rose Keefe. Beware.

brianwilson83 01-05-2016 02:49 AM

Nathan Short, funny that we find you here. Is that the same Nathan that was kicked out of those same reptile groups for harassing / trolling me ?

Wasn't even 48 hours ago where Ontario Reptiles had to give you your last warning about your immaturity. Please keep trying your best Nathan, I can assure you that all its doing is making me laugh. Thanks bro. Why is it that your mad again ? because kirk riddle at the reptile wrangler asked you to ? follow me around wherever I go and start flames wherever ? Its cute, not at all effective nor will it ummm ever be ?

For someone who has never paid me a dollar for anything, you sure as hell have a lot to say. The fact you spend so much time trying to slander me is kinda creepy, but still amusing non the less. Last time you were accusing me of being shady because I don't accept credit cards ?

Robin Muniz has the impression that she can be offensive to others, but as soon as she gets burned by that fire, she ducks and covers to making up lies on facebook ? ouch Robin. I'm sorry that you feel that way but I'm glad that you're still upset.

Literally out of the hundreds of transactions I've made this year, out of all the people we have met and made very happy. The only ones to have any issues with me, period are on this thread.

Anyways, I REALLY couldn't of been bothered to post, I mean I didn't even know this site existed until someone told me about this thread.

#1 Reptile Outlet north of York region.

Soon to be #1 in Ontario

Merry Christmas :)