FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Herp Talk (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=609)
-   -   Stuffing yer pet. (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72435)

crotalusadamanteus 10-09-2005 10:11 AM

Stuffing yer pet.

OK, here's the scenario.
I met a lady, who had a taxidermist, stuff her HUGE Savanah Monitor. (sorry, didn't have a camera :( ).
Anyhow, it made me wonder how My big kahl albino would look being a part of my home indefinately, after her natural departure of course. LOL

That made me wonder what others thought on this subject. I can see where some would be totally mortified by such an act, where others may have thought the same as this woman I met.

Maybe we can keep down the flaring on this one. Everyone is entitled to their own oppinions, and it would be good of all of us to remember that. :raspberry

Ciao,
Rick

crotalusadamanteus 10-09-2005 10:15 AM

BTW.........I say it is your's, if you want to keep it around for the long haul, I for one would understand the sentiment involved.

Ciao,
Rick

Rebel Dragons 10-09-2005 10:21 AM

I have most of my pets cremated. I don't think I would stuff them. It's hard enough dusting the little wooden boxes.

I couldn't imagine having to dust them and being forced to look into their eyes. I couldn't do it.

South Dixie Dragons 10-09-2005 10:29 AM

4 Attachment(s)
hmmm, my ex husband wanted to stuff my cat when she died, he thought she would "look really cool sitting on top of the tv".. (my ex husband was also a bunghole):rolleyes:
Personally, there would be no way I could never "stuff" one of my dogs. It would be too painful for me to see their dead corpse in my living room everytime I walked by..Of course my dogs and I have a different emotional tie than with my reptiles..I would bet this is the case with most people..
Now if I had some really awesome morph of say a leopard gecko that I had bred, then that I might do..to always remember what a great specimen ..

just look at these faces!! there is no way I could ever stand it!

Rebel Dragons 10-09-2005 10:35 AM

Omg, what cute little faces!!!

There is no way that you could go around dusting those little faces.

Great pics!!! :)

cthulhu77 10-09-2005 10:37 AM

Nah. My wife maybe, but not any of the pets. I kind of agree with the kitty thing though...I hate that little bugger, and would love to see her on top of the tv.
Anyone remember the stuffed animals from "Lost Boys" ??? That might be fun...pull her skin over a bobcat mount or something...hmmm, where did I put that scalpel ?

:) greg

Jim O 10-09-2005 10:45 AM

I likely would not do it but I can see why people would. It's personal choice and it's fine to do if that's what "floats your boat".

Junkyard 10-09-2005 10:47 AM

I know two taxidermists that run a business up in Idaho. The animals that people drop off to be stuffed than never return are used in these guy's homes. Amazing animals, they have mountain lions, mountain goats, timber wolves, and moose and hundreds of deer sitting around. Personally after meeting these two and learning a little about the procedure to stuff the animals, I would think about doing it to a prized snake of mine, I have a beautiful Jungle boa I may stuff when he passes on.

crotalusadamanteus 10-09-2005 12:35 PM

From what I understand, you can still cremate the remains in some cases. All they need is the pelt.
It aint formost on my mind, but My big albino, beeing the first snake I actually bought, and My first breeder, has become a big part of my life. I might do her as a tribute to my breeding ventures, if they lasted that long. :)

Ciao,
Rick

crotalusadamanteus 10-09-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
just look at these faces!! there is no way I could ever stand it!

Actually, I don't care for Chihuahuas very much. I don't know why, but it's true I'm ashamed to say. LOL So one of those, in my stuffed albinos mouth.........Hmmm Just kidding. :raspberry
Now bassetts are pretty cool, and excellent burglar alarms. LOL
But those sort of pets are different in my eyes. I don't think I could do a cat or a dog. There is just too much interaction with those kind of pets. They become more like family, or children.

Interesting so far.

Ciao,
Rick