FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=327)
-   -   Anyone know where to get permit in Ky (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288758)

reptibreeder 11-26-2011 06:19 PM

Anyone know where to get permit in Ky

I read online thats its legal to own venomous snakes in Ky with a permit, is this right?
And does anyone know where I can get a permit?

Tim Cole 11-27-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptibreeder (Post 1386791)
I read online thats its legal to own venomous snakes in Ky with a permit, is this right?
And does anyone know where I can get a permit?

Permits are only granted to accredited institutions.

reptibreeder 11-28-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Cole (Post 1387080)
Permits are only granted to accredited institutions.

Thanks for informing me

CarthaginianGeneral 08-31-2012 05:08 AM

I know this is an older post, but it needs to be addressed for any one who reads it. Im from Kentucky and am a venomous owner. You do not need a permit in Kentucky to own venomous. NOT AT ALL. The only catch is no exotic venomous, so no elapids, vipers, etc. However you can own any Kentucky native venomous species, such as, Northern Copperheads-agkistrodon contortrix mokasen, Western cottonmouths-agkistrodon pisicvorus leucostoma, Timber Rattlesnake-Crotalus Horridus, and pygmy rattlesnakes. Also to note Kentucky does not recognize sub species, so frankly any copperhead, cottonmouth, or timber/canebrake rattlesnake can be kept, and you can keep up to 5 specimens of each species. The only thing in Kentucky you would need a permit for is to sale venomous. As far as keeping goes your good to go.

reptibreeder 08-31-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarthaginianGeneral (Post 1505865)
I know this is an older post, but it needs to be addressed for any one who reads it. Im from Kentucky and am a venomous owner. You do not need a permit in Kentucky to own venomous. NOT AT ALL. The only catch is no exotic venomous, so no elapids, vipers, etc. However you can own any Kentucky native venomous species, such as, Northern Copperheads-agkistrodon contortrix mokasen, Western cottonmouths-agkistrodon pisicvorus leucostoma, Timber Rattlesnake-Crotalus Horridus, and pygmy rattlesnakes. Also to note Kentucky does not recognize sub species, so frankly any copperhead, cottonmouth, or timber/canebrake rattlesnake can be kept, and you can keep up to 5 specimens of each species. The only thing in Kentucky you would need a permit for is to sale venomous. As far as keeping goes your good to go.

That is awesome, Im glad to hear that... No I cant have the monocled cobra I wanted but it is still something.