FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   STEVEN MILLER? JAMES COZZA? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296441)

NIGRO51 01-11-2012 08:55 AM

STEVEN MILLER? JAMES COZZA?

2 Attachment(s)
It could be a crazy coincidence but they have classifieds that are oddly similar .. I was wondering if anyone has heard of these two

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=296429

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=296393

Focal 01-11-2012 09:03 AM

Good eye. I only saw the one ad from Steven and it smelt funny.

NIGRO51 01-11-2012 09:06 AM

I hope that one of them just stole the wording for the ad but who knows .. The snakes dont look like the same one.

They have both been sent a link to this thread.

Focal 01-11-2012 09:14 AM

Yeah it's definitely missing the gold "coin" on Stevens ad.

Will0W783 01-11-2012 09:31 AM

Hmmm, fishy. I only saw Steven's ad, but I was suspicious because the animal in the ad is most definitely NOT a pastel pied, and I couldn't see any "gold coin" marking. I can see the marking in James' ad. The wording is exact and the trades they are looking for are the same morphs, so *shrugs.* Also, it's not exactly a great price for a small male pied.

Clay Davenport 01-11-2012 09:37 AM

There's no IP match, and a cursory look found nothing to suggest they are the same person. However, looking at the whole picture, to me it brings Steven into question, rather than James.

James has been a member since January of 2009.
He has posted that exact ad 5 times, the first time being on 1/01/12, and the most recent being 1/10/12.
The first time he advertised that snake, with a similarly worded ad was in December, bringing the total times he's advertised that snake to 7.

Steven joined yesterday and posted that ad today, 1/11/12 with an ad text that is virtually a copy and paste of James' except for the weight and the things considered for trade.

Two pictures used in the two ads are not of the same snake.
If Steven is legit, that's definitely and odd way to post an ad.

Royal Morphz 01-11-2012 10:30 AM

Stevie was passing a Pied off as a Pastel Pied on a Facebook classified page. Wen asked to provide paperwork from BHB that he bought it as a Pastel Pied he disappeared.

lavy&purple retics 01-11-2012 10:38 AM

I know steven personally ive seen his piebald......the one in the second ad is larger as stevens is only 100+grams maybe.....im down the road from steven...both are diff snakes.

Willow 01-11-2012 11:27 AM

Different snakes, different people...at this point it no longer matters.

All honesty has flown out the window and for some reason I'm pretty sure we all think something fishy is going on lol.

Obviously someone is lying about something lol, if not multiple things.

kaos 01-11-2012 02:06 PM

I will glady post the next pics next to that days news paper if you are doughting that I have the snake

lavy&purple retics 01-11-2012 02:12 PM

Ive persobally tried callin steven today...and let him know to log on...james ad is a completely diff snake....as being a personal friend of steve I wont allow him to mis label his snake intentionally.....his piebald is a snale lasti heard it was 96 grams that was 2 weeks ago ik he hasnt.grown that much since....and as far as pastel goes he definately nt that..... Steve told me numerous of times he purchased his piebald from bhb as a male regular piebald for 1200$.....hopes this clears things up a bit....

bpman850 01-11-2012 02:19 PM

THER IS NO SCAMS ALL I DID WAS COPY OFF HIS AD THERE NO LAW ON COPYING WRITTING HERE MY PIE IS JUST LIKE HIS THATS WHY I USED HIS AD THERE NO WORRIES

kaos 01-11-2012 02:21 PM

just saw both adds he copyed word for word from my add if he didnt then where is there a gold coin spot on his snakes tail ???????

RobNJ 01-11-2012 02:21 PM

James got a snake from me a few weeks ago...good guy, no funny business.

bpman850 01-11-2012 03:10 PM

to clear everything up i was to he was possible pastel. And when i weigh him he just ate. i didn't know you were post not weight your snakes when they just ate. Sorry for the about this i re do the add.

RichsBallPythons 01-11-2012 03:16 PM

Steve are you using a translator of some sort.

liltemptress7 01-11-2012 03:17 PM

I've known Jimmy for a long time...& he's told me several times about this pied having the smilie face. I just think that Steven didnt feel like writing out a description himself. Next time you copy something word for word, just pay attention to the details next time. =/

Will0W783 01-11-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Next time you copy something word for word, just pay attention to the details next time. =/
You should never copy another person's ad, word-for-word, for ANY reason. It's lazy, misleading, and dishonest and it causes suspicion to fall not only on yourself, but also on that person. Steven fully admits to copying and pasting James' ad- Steven why did you choose that particular ad? Also, there is no such thing as "possible pastel"- pastel is a co-dominant morph, so something is either normal (no pastel gene), pastel, or super pastel. A pastel pied is very distinctly different-looking than a normal pastel, especially at that young age. Steven, if you are going to continue to sell animals on here, just a word of advice- learn to write your own ads for your animals, in your own words. Also, you would do well to proofread your posts for spelling and grammar. It might not always be fair, but I immediately become less patient with and slightly suspicious of any seller or buyer whose writing lacks all punctuation and is fraught with misspellings of even common words. It hints of a carelessness that I don't like in people dealing with live animals.

Focal 01-11-2012 03:30 PM

Looks like a simple mistake, hopefully lessons learned, and Steven, Kyshawn seems like a good friend so I would seek this persons assistance on creating a proper ad and the do's and don'ts that could make or break you. This can be a very unforgiving community if deception is found ... accident or not.

kaos 01-11-2012 03:40 PM

regardless no harm done steve good luck sellin your pied and thanks rob and barbara for sticking up for me

bpman850 01-11-2012 03:49 PM

thank u

kaos 01-11-2012 04:02 PM

no hard feelings bro just stop being so lazy lollllll

liltemptress7 01-11-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will0W783 (Post 1406089)
You should never copy another person's ad, word-for-word, for ANY reason.

I was trying to be nice w/ a hint of sarcasm

Susan S. 01-11-2012 08:09 PM

I know Steve...

.....and he just moved here (TALLAHASSEE) from Missouri in mid-December. He got his Piebald from BHB and it weighed just 96 grams when he got here. No way it could be at all close to 300 grams now. Steve is very new to the hobby and this Pied is his FIRST ball python. He just does not know about weights and I think he just copied the other ad along with the Pastel Pied bit to enhance his ad. I think it is all harmless, he meant no harm and I hope he learned something from this experience.

We all need to be fair and honest in our offerings for sale. Please only offer for sale to others what you might consider buying yourself. Describe it honestly, and be proud of your animals!

Susan Sentman
SSNAKES Reptiles
South Tallahassee, Florida

kaos 01-11-2012 08:41 PM

Now this is a crock of b/s I get a infraction from this absoluteapril yeah check this out where have you been this is suppose to be fun and help people out if they need it now it seems like your doing nothing but harrasing me
Dear kaos,
You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds.
Reason: Ad bumping abuse in classifieds
You cannot have the same animal listed multiple times, you must delete the old ads before relisting.
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
Quote:
I have a high white male pied he is about 500 grams he is a odd ball because he might be a pastel pied I was told he has a weird gold coin looking spot on him and a smiley face on his back looking to sell off for $1000 or trade looking for trades on clown stuff if I need to throw a little cash in I can

All the best,
FaunaClassifieds

AbsoluteApril
View Public Profile
Send a private message to AbsoluteApril
Send email to AbsoluteApril
Visit AbsoluteApril's homepage!
Find More Posts by AbsoluteApril
Add AbsoluteApril to Your Contacts

now where were you while this whole thread was going on you spell your name wrong you get a infraction like I said this is suppose to be fun and I especially love to help people out when they need it but this is getting crazy if this was a simple mistake because you didnt see this thread going on all day thats fine but as the thread goes I was innocent thank you and would like the infraction lifted thank you

NIGRO51 01-11-2012 08:44 PM

I would re-read the rules for posting if I were you .. Calling out a mod is probably not a good idea and you will almost always lose that fight. Take your argument to PMs.

bpman850 01-11-2012 09:57 PM

i just weigh my snack it is 265 grams i am taking a pic and posting it on my ad

bpman850 01-11-2012 09:58 PM

snake i mean my keyboard is broken

bpman850 01-11-2012 10:10 PM

\http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...41#post1406141

Check it out I just upload a pic of him I just took. and I don't even power feed him I feed him one rat pup every Friday

kaos 01-11-2012 10:25 PM

i just find this bull I did nothing wrong and get a infraction to much time on your hands I guess.I dont care who you are if you didnt do anything wrong you shouldnt be getting infractions I personal dont care for nobody walking all over me like I am a nobody

NIGRO51 01-11-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpman850 (Post 1406261)
\http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...41#post1406141

Check it out I just upload a pic of him I just took. and I don't even power feed him I feed him one rat pup every Friday

You still used the copied and pasted message in the ad!! clearly you were not reading this thread .. Write your own descriptions!!! there is no "possible pastel"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaos 01-11-2012 11:04 PM

the reason I wrote possible pastel is that it has pastel marking but being that it is a high white pied I cant tell duh I know there is not no het pastel but what do you get when you breed a pied to a pastel het for pied pieds, pastels,pastel pied, and maybe het pieds or pastel het pied well he is the one we could not tell showed him to a couple of top breeders and they said you would have to prove him out he does look like my pastel pied but to cover my ass thats why I said possible

NIGRO51 01-11-2012 11:07 PM

I was referring to the other ad that I quoted ..

hhmoore 01-11-2012 11:21 PM

James,
The BOI is not the place to gripe about infractions. If you feel that the infraction is not merited, take it up with April (but, if she has addressed this matter with you in the past, don't bother). If you feel the need to take it up publicly, use the Fauna Feedback Forum.
Continue it here, and you'll just end up with another infraction (disruptive off topic posting).

bpman850 01-11-2012 11:29 PM

Hey NIGRO51 I said I was told he might be a pastel pied not possible. I re did my add it does not match his add at all

Jela's Phat Phibs 01-12-2012 12:04 AM

Wow!!! I can't believe that I actually found this when I wasn't even looking for it. So apparently Steven has put an ad up for an animal that was suppose to have been sent to me last month.

Steven contacted me in regards to a helix that I had put up for sale on our Facebook page. Despite the low cost of the helix, Steven inquired about additional reptile supplies that I might have had and we worked out a trade for (2) pieds actually for the Helix and other supplies.

He went on in great detail about how he had been done wrong before and was hesitant to ship first. For this reason, he requested that I overnight him the Helix and that he would get the animals out the next day via Ship Your Reptiles/FedEx overnight. Once I received the animals then he requested that I ship the rest of the supplies and the deal would then be complete. Since we are a very reputable business, I wanted to show him that there are good people out there to do business with.

That said, I packaged the Helix and overnighted it to him via UPS as he requested. This was a $43 charge to me.

He received the Helix the next day and sent me several texts messages thanking me and telling me how nice it was. At the same time, he apologized, saying that he was not going to be able to get the animals out that day as he had agreed to because he didn't have heat packs. That was the first red flag. I then inquired that since I ship animals year round (as he knew) why he didn't mention this and I would have thrown the supplies that he needed in the box that I was overnighting him?? He apologized and for my inconvenience, stated that he would throw in a normal male ball. He stated that the heat packets were due to be in first thing in the morning and that he then would drop the package off at FedEx and have me a tracking number by 9:30 am the next morning.

So to sum up the time frame here,

Monday, December 19th Steven contacts me, arranges trade and I overnight Helix to him.

Tuesday, December 20th, Steven receives Helix, however states that he cannot ship the animals as he didn't have the proper supplies to do so.

Wednesday, December 21st, Steven was to have all supplies and shipped them animals, providing me a tracking number by 9:30 am.

So, Wednesday, December 21st, 9:30 am rolls around, nothing. I wait an hour and text him at 10:30 am inquiring about the status. I hear nothing. Up till this point, he was Johnny on the spot with his texts. I wait another hour, text again at 11:30 am. Still nothing.

By 12:30 pm, I am now starting to get concerned and feel like I have been duped. I begin calling him at this point. No answer. I leave several messages on up until about 5:30 PM and still no response. It is at this time that I contact the Tallahassee Sheriffs Dept. whom presides over the community in which Steven lives in. I have the pleasure of speaking with a very helpful desk Sergeant whom sends an officer out to Stevens home to see about making contact with them.

At 7:32 PM, after the police came knocking on his door, I get a text from Steven.

"Can we talk?"

I immediately call him however he refuses to answer the phone. He sends me another text.

"Text me. I'm doing some dishes and then running some errands."

I then reply to him that he needs to make this a priority and answer his phone. I then call a few more times and he won't answer. I then get hit with this.

"Take me to court or leave me alone." That pretty much sums the rest of it up. I basically told him that I was in touch with his local authorities and would see this blatant act of his through.

That was met with the same couple of texts telling me to leave him alone and take him to court at which time I quit responding to his childish nonsense.

At this point I guess he grows concerned and then starts sending me texts wanting to work it out and promising that he would be re-mitting payment for the Helix very soon as soon as he got his check.

I gave him about a week before following back up with Tallahassee Sheriffs Dept and before doing so, I texted him again after Christmas. He then gives me a line about his mother dying on Christmas day. Believable stuff right???

This is the point where I left it alone. The little piece of slime isn't worth my time. I will leave it up to his local authorities. I had pretty much washed my hands of it and chalked it up as a loss until I saw this thread.

For anyone that is reading this or is considering any possible deals with this guy, STAY AWAY!!! He is a total fraud and I doubt that he even owns the snake in this ad. If he does, it is the one that was suppose to be sent to me last month however after receiving my product, he refused to do so!!!

Hopefully my loss will benefit someone else that might have been actually trying to work a deal with this criminal.

NIGRO51 01-12-2012 12:08 AM

Do you have the UPS tracking # for the helix you sent?

Jela's Phat Phibs 01-12-2012 12:27 AM

Sure.

1Z106R8R1393835259

bpman850 01-12-2012 12:30 AM

sorry u get your money and we the police have delt with this and they told u to leave me alone over and over if u dont leave me alone i will call the cops

bobtard 01-12-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpman850 (Post 1406319)
sorry u get your money and we the police have delt with this and they told u to leave me alone over and over if u dont leave me alone i will call the cops

That's all you have to say? :shootfoot