FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680507)

Kfen 01-25-2019 08:35 PM

Someone else asked, but it was not answered. Would you be willing to let someone else take it over?

Not sure how logistically that would work. Possibly just providing a link here that directs you to the new location of the BOI, but keep all the old posts still here.

Black Adder 01-26-2019 08:28 AM

Sad times but totally understandable and not a surprise in reality.
Good luck with the future here Rich and I will continue my limited support as long as you need it.

WebSlave 01-27-2019 02:30 PM

BTW, I fully expect people who can no longer access the BOI to start posting BOI type posts elsewhere on this site. They will be deleted immediately upon discovery and infractions assessed. That includes in the classifieds sections with ads others will place there.

I haven't decided whether or not this will include the BOI forums for Canadians and other international concerns, as well as the other animal groups.They have not as of yet been a demonstrable source of potential liability for me. But if they begin to be utilized inappropriately, then they too will be shut down to all but contributing level members. I may have to do that anyway, just to prevent confusion, both real and contrived.

JColt 01-27-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 2123609)
I haven't decided whether or not this will include the BOI forums for Canadians and other international concerns, as well as the other animal groups.They have not as of yet been a demonstrable source of potential liability for me. But if they begin to be utilized inappropriately, then they too will be shut down to all but contributing level members. I may have to do that anyway, just to prevent confusion, both real and contrived.

Probably would be confusing to a lot of people especially new members. Makes more sense to do all or none.

WebSlave 01-27-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JColt (Post 2123613)
Probably would be confusing to a lot of people especially new members. Makes more sense to do all or none.

Yes, you are most likely correct.

Dthompson2634 01-28-2019 09:57 AM

Will this include those people who sponsor certain groups (IE: the boa classifieds)?

WebSlave 01-28-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dthompson2634 (Post 2123743)
Will this include those people who sponsor certain groups (IE: the boa classifieds)?

Yes. I have already set up the sponsors to have access to the BOI after 02-02-2019. You may have noted that I also have provided them with their own medallion identifying them as a sponsor, in preparation to this change.

Robert Walker 01-28-2019 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 2123745)
You may have noted that I also have provided them with their own medallion identifying them as a sponsor, in preparation to this change.

UpscaleAddictions 01-28-2019 01:55 PM

I think from a classifieds view its an easier way to weed out low end scammers by charging them at least the monthly fee to post ads in the classifieds portion of the site and will make members actually pay attention to the rules of posting such ads.

I don't quite see the point in limiting at least view to the BOI threads but I'm also not behind the scenes.
You're right in saying that there's a lot of new Facebook groups popping up for it however they're all new and that's in issue in itself. Scammers often change their names and I find more about that on here than I'm going to find on a year old Facebook groups.

AbsoluteApril 01-28-2019 02:14 PM

The BOI is going to be sorely missed when it's gone IMO