FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460141)

Austin-12 02-25-2014 11:28 AM

Wanda Patterson aka: sunsethypo?

Anyone done business with this person?

Out of Virginia

Good? Bad? Anything?

kenske 02-25-2014 11:52 AM

I did a trade with her a few months ago. Everything went smooth as butter.

nickolasanastasiou 02-25-2014 12:33 PM

I have purchased from her on several occasions. The morph traits she claims are, however, often unproven despite her claims. Everybody supposedly with a homozygous "sunset hypo" has conveniently left the country or refuses to reveal themselves for their protection.

Too many excuses, so I decided to divest.

I will not be buying from her at all going forward. Things just seem like they do not add up. Also, that "neon vanilla" thing going on now is a real hoot.

If the animal is a visual, you can have faith in that. If there is no strong evidence of heritability of any new "morph" being claimed, caveat emptor (and then beware some more). If an animal is from among the offspring of a known visual morph parent, like one of the known hognose snake morphs she breeds or her hypo redfoot group (which has a breeding hypo male), you are probably pretty safe.

nickolasanastasiou 02-25-2014 12:45 PM

To add, there is the possibility that the "sunset hypo" thing is real, but I have no solid evidence these days supporting that and the project has gone on an awfully long time not to have these popping up yet out of folks' collections when so many have bought "hets" over the years. However, my remaining glimmer of hope of that proving out was pretty much extinguished by the recent "neon vanilla" babcocki nonsense. I consider both morphs' legitimacy to be, simply put, rather improbable as things stand.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=Patterson

I believe this is relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7HRUZmosA

That one shows some decidedly regular Gpp and shows Wanda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60V1f1s6j5Q

That one shows Darik.

I pursued a line of thought I had that seemed to be reinforced or hinted at by the experiences of others. It appears that perhaps either Darik is impersonating Wanda, who is also shown in the video above, to circumvent an old bad reputation, or they are both in this plan together. My hunch is that they are in this together, as her hands are often shown holding the hatchlings for photographs in their ads.

Do not worry if the videos are removed. Multiple people now have copies.

"Wanda" claims the animals are kept in "a facility".

lol

LOL!

What a facility! Apparently, when I receive a shipment from Amazon, it is not simply in a box. It is delivered to me in "a facility" of some kind. Magical.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is the only "het" ad up as I am typing this. They often have others.

To boot, it appears that the colors on hognose snakes in her/his/their ads can get so intense at times that the fabric in the background changes color as well.

I will also attach a photo of their "sunset hypo" female that I believe was doctored/modified in order to misrepresent and deceive the buying public.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 05:27 AM

I wonder if Darik was banned from Kingsnake and if Kingsnake would find the attempt to circumvent the ban, if so, as wonderful. Anyway, enough from me for now. I must go tend to my own tortoises, whose phenotypes are not products of Photoshop.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:28 AM

Nickolas Anastasiou Today at 10:24 AM
To
sunsethypo@aol.com
I do not believe a word of your claims about anything. There is currently a glut of pardalis pardalis hatchlings, too. They are no longer the rarity they once were. I sold off several adults and a friend of mine have sold off several as well.

To: nickolasanastasiou@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:19 AM
Subject: Re:

hi nick ,i have read your posting on fauna quite the slander ,i have been a member on fauna for quite some time , first of all darik is my son who helps me from time to time , i only keep the one pair of p.pardalis the normal male and the hypo females due to there size ,visual sunsethypos have been sold on kingsnake from hets that were produced in the usa the person who sold the visual hypo was in the military and was stationed out of the usa . until 2004 /2005 very few het sunsethypos were produced. because the eggs have a diapause and i leave them in the ground part of the year the sexing is random and likely heavy on the male side,i have not had anyone breed these and tell me that they hatched eggs and none popped up .including you . as far as i known only 2 or 3 people have even hatched p.pardalis ,they are not easy to hatch like pardalis b eggs so they are not likely to be popping up very often ,jeff gee has sold thousands of these and you dont see a bunch of pardalis pardalis popping up everyywhere from provide breeders just dealers who likely get them from one or two sources ,with only a tiny group of my lines out there that are female and may not live in a area where they can be left in ground it is very unfair for you to post something like this without even emailing me and no proof other then stuff that doesn't make sense and this weird case you are trying to make ,i am a private hobbyist breeder my facility is fairly near by where i live its on farm land where other family members and dedicated hobbyist friends have on going projects ,i usually pack orders and keep small reptiles at my residence its is more convenient for me ,reptiles are a hobby ,i am a RN for a living , as far as the neon vanilla go they are not a simple recessive morph ,they are line bred starting with very high blonde wc adults where i have been trying to maximize the blonde .color . and have said so all along .do you know anyone ever who has bought these het sunsethypos from me bred them and hatch a clutch to find that it didn't contain a sunsethypo ? please provide this information or retract your statements. it looks like to me that all your statements are unfounded and way off base .
just because you do not see a lot of hypos on the market doesn't mean they are not real .as i said not many people have hatch true p.p of any kind ,and people that have hatched them would be unlikely to sell them and would want to keep there first hypos to breed

-----------------------------------------------------

Just got this. My response is included.

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I will also attach screen shots of other ads.

First is the "Neon Vanilla".

nickolasanastasiou 02-26-2014 11:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Next is another "het sunset hypo" ad.