FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

WebSlave 03-14-2012 02:12 AM

So, I guess the main question is, WHY do many companies and public offices have the option on the phone for a non English speaking caller in the first place? Is it a courtesy or a necessity?

akonitony 03-14-2012 11:05 AM

I'm thinking it's a courtesy, and I usually just ignore it.

In the words of the late, great Gilda Radner: Whereever you go, there you are & It's always something!

Mooing Tricycle 03-14-2012 12:33 PM

You know what. I take my vote back. Since im not voting this year. Its all just a massive joke. Im tired of the way this country looks at our food. They want to pump more and more GMO CRAP into the system and they punish people who choose to eat all natural unprocessed foods. Done. sick and tired. done.

When people get in trouble for choosing to drink raw milk, or eating food produced by local farmers they trust, i lose my faith in a country that used to be "Free" Who is the government to tell me what i can or cannot EAT for my own health?

Im growing and raising my own food this year, and every year from now on. I will support my local farmers who i know for a fact treat their animals better and use no pesticides on their crops, good riddance.

radera5 03-14-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akonitony (Post 1431502)
I believe they usually do not reference the 'native' language, english, in those menus (Didn't Christopher Columbus speak spanish? And I think the true native language of this land was 'Injun'). I know I have never had to press a number to continue in english. But even if one did have to do such a thing, I don't think it is a big deal. I have certainly put up with worse things in life. Anyway, if you do happen to come accross a phone menu where you actually have to press a number to continue in english, and the phone is located on US soil, I'd like to have the phone number to hear what it sounds like, because so far, I have yet to hear such a thing.
FWIW, I agree completely with you guys re: foreign individuals coming here and trying to morph the US into their old country. Don't let the door hit you in the buttocks is what I would say to those individuals. But my experience has been limited to mostly spanish people wanting to share their culture with me and re-live some pleasant times from back home. Most, if not all, are additions America could use much better than some of these 'native' citizens that are basically a waste of human skin, and most of these foreigners I've met would hate to change what they see as a country that is better than the one they escaped. I know I never get tired of learning, and you never know what you may need in the future. Whoever is not against us is for us.

My sister works for the state here in Ky, and here you go...888-979-9949

crotalusadamanteus 03-14-2012 01:47 PM

HA HA HA I didn't even want to waste my time with that. Thanks for doing it for me.

radera5 03-14-2012 02:12 PM

Haha, a few of us were JUST talking about this very issue the other day.

akonitony 03-15-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radera5 (Post 1431645)
My sister works for the state here in Ky, and here you go...888-979-9949

I called it, and did not press 1 for english. After a few seconds, maybe a minute at the very most, it transferred me to an english speaking representative who asked me in english if they could be of assistance. So once again, I did not have to press one to speak in english. Try it.

I feel so violated - :confused:

akonitony 03-15-2012 01:58 PM

I had forgotten how much I missed this guy:

http://www.militarytimes.com/blogs/b...-will-not-pay/

The video was sent to me by my dad, a retired Full-Colonel from the Army, who earned his direct commission from Sergeant to Second Lieutenant in Viet Nam, while he was in the Big Red 1.

akonitony 03-15-2012 02:16 PM

It's interesting how Clinton rode on Reagan's coat tails and claimed he (Clinton) was able to bring the nation's debt into a surplus, when clearly, the plan of cutting taxes accross the board, AKA Reaganomics, was what led businesses to thrive. And now it is Obama who blames George W. for the mess he (Obama) has created by running the nation just like he ran Chicago - which had the single worst economy in the union at the time.
You guys can keep the 'change'.
I recently watched a documentary on speech and hearing. It showed how in the last election, McCain would speak slow and deliberately, and was credited by the speech experts examining his speeches as really caring about what he said, vs. Obama, who spoke in crescendo, that is starting out very low and slowly building until a climax at the end. The experts examining Obama stated he probably really didn't care what he was saying, but focused on how he was saying it. At the end of several of each candidates speeches, they would interview people in the audience and ask questions. The audience for McCain was able to answer about 90% of the questions accurately regarding what the candidate had said, whereas the audience members for Obama scored in the low 20% range. Hmmmmm...

akonitony 03-15-2012 02:50 PM

Interesting lesson in nature, for all you arachnophiles:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81107254/