FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Underground Reptiles (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653583)

garsik 04-21-2018 05:05 PM

Underground Reptiles

I brought a Moroccan cobra to Underground Reptiles in response to their message that they would look at it and make an offer. I never heard back but saw it for sale online for $350. I contacted them and was made an offer which I found too low and said the animal would be picked up. Within a week and with no further communication the animal was sold. I received no compensation.

Lucille 04-21-2018 05:11 PM

James can you please post screen shots any emails/messages? When did this take place? I have notified them of this thread.

BobO'Booey 04-21-2018 10:03 PM

If that is what happened that's awful, but personally I would never leave an animal with someone or enter into an agreement that is not fully agreed upon, with that being said you deserve to have your animal back and at least there is small claims court but I don't know what you show for damages because you didn't have an agreed-upon price when you left it

bcr229 04-21-2018 10:32 PM

How long ago did this happen?

snakesareawesome 04-22-2018 02:06 AM

Why would you leave an animal with someone with no agreement regarding the compensation parameters and with a company with such an awful reputation.

snakesareawesome 04-22-2018 02:07 AM

A couple of years ago they were implicated in spreading a deadly fungal infection and in fact they still carrying wild caught North American snakes which means their facility is likely to be infested with it again at any time. Personally, I wouldn't want the snake back once it had been through those doors!

JimM 04-22-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakesareawesome (Post 2071063)
Why would you leave an animal with someone with no agreement regarding the compensation parameters and with a company with such an awful reputation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Exactly ....

Snake-Queen 04-22-2018 08:05 AM

I don't quite understand what you are saying.

Did you receive your snake back?

Will0W783 04-23-2018 01:21 PM

Melissa, what I gather from the OP's post is that Underground Reptiles had posted an ad that they were looking for new stock, and people could bring them animals and they would make an offer.

The OP brought a Moroccan cobra to Underground, and left it there to get an offer. Instead, the animal was sold without being paid for, and the OP never received compensation for the animal.

Is this correct, garsik?

My questions are:

1. Were you told to leave the animal with Underground Reptiles pending an offer?

2. Why did you wait so long to bring this to the BOI? With several years having gone by, it may be difficult to recoup any expenses now.

Lucille 04-23-2018 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will0W783 (Post 2071325)
2. Why did you wait so long to bring this to the BOI? With several years having gone by, it may be difficult to recoup any expenses now.

Where did you see when this happened, is the OP posting elsewhere?
OP, please bring emails and screenshots here.