FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

JustChad04 03-05-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akonitony (Post 1427643)
I am just amazed how one is required to pass a drug screening to get most jobs, even those with the most benign positions that may even benefit with a little buzz to pass the time, but if one wants foodstamps, SSI, or whatever else they can pander, nope, no drug screen. If I were elected, these people would have to pass a drug screen several times each month, and the second they fail, too bad, guess you'll have to use your drug money to buy the food now.

Vote for me, and you'll also get a free copy of my latest album, Songs to My Dogs. You'll get hits like "Who wants to go for a walk?" and "When ya gonna poop?", and who can forget that all-time classic, "Who made this mess?"

My wife says the same thing about doing a drug screening anyone on welfare, SSI, Foodstamps, etc. and you both are right it should be required since there is a large population of benefactors are drug addicts using taxpayers dollars to get high for free.

I will buy you album also! I love "When ya gonna poop?" its a hit!

Also, media may be blacking out Ron Paul on cable/tv, but he is a hit on youtube and other viral websites (seen a few adds for him on youtube). Good stuff as long as people pay attention to it! They also have the Obama campaign add about how he has increased jobs, i lol'd. Best part is thats the only ammo he is using. :shootfoot

dumje 03-05-2012 04:42 PM

well...an introductory drug test would not be such a bad idea...but...there is not evidence those on welfare...SSI...foodstamps are on drugs...in fact quite the opposite...also....more than 1 test would cost too much money for the government and would only succed in taking public money and lining the pockets of some "private" business that feeds of the government...

dumje 03-05-2012 04:43 PM

http://colorlines.com/archives/2011/..._governor.html

dumje 03-05-2012 04:45 PM

this was just in the state of Florida that was pushed by our T PArty crazy Governor...

salottimc 03-05-2012 04:55 PM

The problem with foreign policy is we have already mucked up many places by getting involved. The unfortunate reality is that if we leave suddenly, we will screw them up even more. We have to leave in an intelligent manner and stop getting involved in new places and conflicts.

WebSlave 03-05-2012 06:07 PM

So, how come we don't see similar results in "official" polls and voting results across the country as we see in this poll? I would think that this would be a pretty non-biased cross section of citizens of this country. From what I recall, the results in the same poll on my CornSnakes.com website pretty much duplicated what is seen here.

I guess I just don't believe that voting is really all that accurate of a representation of what the people REALLY want and have actually voted for. There are just too many opportunities for fraudulent results with no realistic way to audit those results.

dumje 03-05-2012 08:06 PM

I have no way of backing it up....but my belief is....after 25 years in this business it does not surprise me in the least Ron Paul is the favorite in the reptile community....we are still a small part of society that have similar interests....I don't think we represent a wide spectrum....Ron Paul has some ideas that are way against what most would consider the norm....just an opinion...

WebSlave 03-05-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumje (Post 1428792)
I have no way of backing it up....but my belief is....after 25 years in this business it does not surprise me in the least Ron Paul is the favorite in the reptile community....we are still a small part of society that have similar interests....I don't think we represent a wide spectrum....Ron Paul has some ideas that are way against what most would consider the norm....just an opinion...

And what would those ideas be, if you don't mind telling us?

dumje 03-05-2012 10:53 PM

most of us are different than the average person on the streets...why else do we have no fear of snakes...I teach...and 90% of the kids and parents that come into my room are terrified/amazed at my animals...few would want to have 1...even fewer want to embrace what we have become...ruled by my snakes...lol....that being said...Ron Paul is not your typical politician...thats why I figure it that way...

dumje 03-05-2012 10:58 PM

SPENDING:

Cuts $1 trillion in spending during the first year of Ron Paul’s presidency, eliminating five cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior, and Education), abolishing the Transportation Security Administration and returning responsibility for security to private property owners, abolishing corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars, and returning most other spending to 2006 levels.

all great ideas...but not gonna happen...if we isolate ourselves from the world completly then prices of certain items will sky rocket...gas...wars...we can do without...not sure what transportation security does...