FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=471)
-   -   escape artist (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84719)

ladyserpent7 08-07-2006 03:05 AM

escape artist

does your hog ever try to get out of its cage?,...i always see giselle climb one of the corners of her terrarium, and right when she climbs almost to the top, she falls..shes so funny...has anyones hog ever escaped? they would be sooo hard to find

ilovesnakes 08-09-2006 12:40 AM

LOL MY HOG DID THAT FOR A FEW MONTHS UNTIL GUESS SHE JUST GAVE UP :hehe: :hurray: :hurray:

ladyserpent7 08-09-2006 01:06 AM

haha...how big is her tank...was she able to reach the top?

antisocial 08-09-2006 10:59 AM

i have had a few hogs get out but i always notice within a few hours and they dont go very far. sometimes they are still in the rack on the same shelf they escaped from, othertimes they are on the floor under a box or something that is tight to the floor and feels secure to them

Razaiel 08-10-2006 03:56 AM

Mine once got herself wedged right inside our sofa. I let one of my teenagers friends hold her and she get herself off of him and wiggled down the back. It was one helluva job to get her out - thank goodness she's a big girl or I prob would never have found her. My BP did the same thing once too - seems to be a favorite place with couch snakes :)

ladyserpent7 08-10-2006 08:28 PM

haha..thats funny....one time, right after giselle had shed, i was holding her for a while, and it was in the winter so i was wearing long sleeve, and she went and snuggled in my sleeve like she always does, and she fell asleep there..and i got so busy w/ other things that i forgot that she was there, and i left the house and went to church, and all of a sudden i feel her crawling again, and thats when i realized i had forgotten her in my sleeve!!..haha...that was soo funny,,but all my friends got to meet her at least. :)

Razaiel 08-11-2006 05:05 AM

Hehe - that's funny - I could just imagine the vicar in the middle of a sermon faltering at the sight of a snake slithering around. Did it scare any of the other people? Some people are so scared of them it's unreal. I sometimes wear a Japanese yukata - it has big sleeves and a large space inside the sleeves (in the old days people used to keep important papers and stuff in them) and Emily my BP always loves to hang out in there.

ladyserpent7 08-11-2006 10:19 PM

she kept on crawling in my back once she woke up, which made me wiggle, so i had to put her in my purse..haha...but after that i took her out, and shes soooooo pretty that people responded really well to her ;)

Nyoka77 08-13-2006 09:48 PM

haha! I can totally see running off somewhere with nyoka in my sleeve. Funny it was in church...:)
I was holding my hog last week and i usually let her crawl around my bed. I thought she was by my foot (she doesn't tend to crawl off the bed) and when i looked she was no where in sight. I tore apart my entire apartment, hysterical. I couldn't find her anywhere, i was convinced she crawled under my stove unit and was in the pipes somewhere. Just as I decided to look in one last place....there she was, in my closet, hiding in my shoes. I'll never let her out of my sight again lol at least she had a fun adventure

dawagner 11-06-2006 09:36 PM

My hog just got out today and I cant find him for the hell of me. Hes so damn small and can wedge into anything that he can be any where. I had him in a sterilite rack with about the thickness of a quarter between the tub and the shelf and he still got out. I thought it was ok when I put him in it he'd always climb up the corners and then fall right before he would reach the top. I thought it was fine but now im paying for it.