FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Legislative Discussions (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=456)
-   -   Ohio Call to Action (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220294)

scarnicom 01-20-2011 12:48 AM

Great to see the Colmbus and cleveland shows showing their support by collecting signatures for opposing the ban! Keep it up :)

EricWI 01-20-2011 06:09 PM

First of all, thanks to everyone who's called/emailed/sent letters regarding Emergency Rule 1501:31-19-05 currently in place in Ohio; also, thanks to everyone who's contacted us to be added to the List of Opposition. The encouraging news is, we are making some progress. On Tuesday of this week, the Governor's office instructed the ODNR *not* to file the permanent rule which the ODNR was planning to file with JCARR that day. Before anybody gets too excited about that -- it doesn't mean we've won. It does, however, mean the Governor is listening to our concerns, which is what we asked him to do.

The next order of business is for everyone to get on the ODNR website and enter your comments on this rule (refer to my earlier emails if you need suggestions on what to say). Again, be polite but firm. If the rule directly affects you or your business, explain that; if you don't live in Ohio but do business in Ohio, explain that. If it affects you as a non-commercial owner, explain that. The website address is:

ohiodnr.com/tabid/23166/Default.aspx

When you go to the website, you will see ODNR's "official position" at this time.

We cannot afford to let up; we must keep the pressure on. If you haven't called or emailed the Governor's office yet, please do so immediately. The person to contact in the Governor's Office of Constituent Affairs is:

Michael DuChesne (pronounced Doo-Shay)
Phone: (614) 644-0829
email: michael.duchesne@governor.ohio.gov

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JColt 01-21-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricWI (Post 1190267)
the Governor's office instructed the ODNR *not* to file the permanent rule which the ODNR was planning to file with JCARR that day. Before anybody gets too excited about that -- it doesn't mean we've won. It does, however, mean the Governor is listening to our concerns, which is what we asked him to do.

I heard it was because they are not sure they want the odnr to oversee this. It will more likely be the Ohio dept of agriculture. Any truth to this that you know of?

Foschi Exotic Serpents 01-23-2011 05:52 PM

I'm a little confused by all of this.. I have a customer in Ohio who is wanting to put a deposit down on some snakes. Am I right in assuming that as of yet, it's still safe to ship BPs to Ohio? If it's not then please tell me.

Thanks.

JColt 01-23-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foschi Exotic Serpents (Post 1192303)
I'm a little confused by all of this.. I have a customer in Ohio who is wanting to put a deposit down on some snakes. Am I right in assuming that as of yet, it's still safe to ship BPs to Ohio? If it's not then please tell me.

Thanks.

BP's are fine. They are going after the big boys only. Retic, Burms, Rocks...

Foschi Exotic Serpents 01-23-2011 09:13 PM

Thank you.

tz34 01-29-2011 12:35 AM

Keeping the ball rolling. More letters, e-mails and phone calls!!!!!