FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Post Your Baby Dragons. (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292336)

dden 02-10-2012 02:03 AM

That picture is not even close. It looks washed-out and orange instead of red. The picture I posted is what the dragon looks like. And don't feed me your bullsit about having seen more than anybody, bought more than anybody, know more than anybody, or anything else. I have not sold a single animal from the clutch that this one came from so there is no way you could have seen one to campare it with. And really? Come to "the ranch" for verification? Don't flatter yourself. If you want to flame me, don't do it on this public form...or at least have the balls to answer the phone when i call you to discuss it. I'll tell everyone right now: I adjust my pictures to look as close to real life as possible. usually that amounts to saturating the picture to make up for overexposuer due to the bright lights I use. If you have a problem with that, too bad. The example you posted looks nothing like the dragon in person.

bloodbankdragon 02-10-2012 02:37 AM

There are 9 pages of upset people on the BOI. All of them are upset that your dragons are miss represented by OVER saturated photos... I would look into your photo editing process if I was you.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ht=Kevin+Dunne

Jason_G 02-10-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Clark (Post 1418593)
Steven it might be better if you take your personal problems with Kevin's pictures to a private PM session.;)

Please don't soil this thread.

I couldn't disagree with you more Ed. If Kevin did enhance the color in the photo that much he should be called on it....that's deceptive.

dden 02-10-2012 09:33 AM

Really Steven? Bringing up stuff from 4 years ago? I have had plenty of people call me and tell me that they have purchased animals from you, and that they look nothing like the photo. Plenty of people have told me that you misrepresented animals to them, but I always told them that dragons look different under different circumstances. I have directed numerous people to your web site to purchase dragons when I did not have what they were looking for. From now on I will just tell them what a P.O.S you are.

JimD 02-10-2012 11:22 AM

When I copy and paste the picture mine looks a lot different than the one pictured too.

dden 02-10-2012 12:04 PM

mine too Jim. As I have stated before: I saturate the photos to compensate for the very bright lighting that I use, and to make the dragon look like I see it in person. Apparently, just because it looks true on my screen, it does not always look true on other's screens... I must say though, many times, my customers have told me that their dragon looks "even better than it does in the picture...". I'm not trying to fool anyone.

Jela's Phat Phibs 02-10-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimD (Post 1418692)
When I copy and paste the picture mine looks a lot different than the one pictured too.

Yours and everyone else's.

I have heard that this is a problem with Kevin's animals however I myself have no first hand experience (nor do I plan on having any).

I have heard of one particular customer that when they weren't happy with the color of their dunner or that it never achieved the same brilliance as in the photos Kevin uploaded that it was due to the fact that he keeps them all outside and they are use to the natural sunlight.

We all know that dragons can change color, not look as bright, etc when stressed or under certain circumstances but what Steven has pointed out here seems to be a blatant misrepresentation of the animal. I don't see how anyone can argue that point.

Despite any past history or bad blood between the two of you, it is apparent that the photo in question was in fact "doctored" to make this dragon look much better. I don't see where Steven did anything wrong in pointing that out to everyone. I myself was blind to it up until this point. Calling Steven names and insulting his character only sheds worse light on you Kevin.

Despite it all, it's a nice looking dragon with a very defined stripe running down it's tail. One of the nicest I have seen thus far.

JimD 02-10-2012 12:21 PM

Easy way to solve this. Take a video of the dragon and post it on fb or ytube. Just have it move around a lot.

WebSlave 02-10-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dden (Post 1418653)
Really Steven? Bringing up stuff from 4 years ago? I have had plenty of people call me and tell me that they have purchased animals from you, and that they look nothing like the photo. Plenty of people have told me that you misrepresented animals to them, but I always told them that dragons look different under different circumstances. I have directed numerous people to your web site to purchase dragons when I did not have what they were looking for. From now on I will just tell them what a P.O.S you are.

Warning: This is NOT the BOI! And calling people derogatory names is not permitted here.

barbie 02-10-2012 05:36 PM

I just have to say i am very surprised by this whole situation. I have done business with both steven and kevin recently. I asked about the dragons they have. I have asked Kevin about Stevens, and Steven about Kevins. Both had great things to say about eachother. I have gotten several pictures from kevin and have made several purchases and all wher true to color when i recieved them. It is a shame that to people i realy on for great dragons and information are now belittling eachother after having such great things to say about eachother only a few weeks ago. Everyone has an opinion and i feel that after so much time working together this really is dissapointing and could have been delt with differently. Everyone i would encourage you to deffenetly do your research and base your own opinion. All i ca say is that i have done lots of business with Kevin and have had no problems with color. I truely hope you guys can resolve this. And i enjoy business with both of you.