FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253278)

Pasodama 06-25-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubinwg (Post 1306758)
Excuse me.......You just told everyone to spam Mikes Inbox to pay him a lesson?

Am sure it was said on jest. However, you need to re-read what was said ... he did not state Mike's inbox.

Pasodama 06-25-2011 07:44 PM

Typo - *in

RobNJ 06-25-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadiver (Post 1306736)
This all boils down to an easy explanation. This is Rich's house. When you enter, you show the proper respect by following the rules. If you would walk into another's home and act like a butt, then you are asked to leave or you feel uncomfortable enough to leave. You don't walk into a man's home and disrespect him or those in his home.

Free speech? Come on, if this was your house and someone spoke bad about you, would you allow free speech or show them to the door? I know I'm not going to allow people in my home who do not respect the rules - neither should anyone else.

All of us are in a PRIVATE forum (contributors or not) and are allowed to be here by those who own it. It is their home and we should respect that.

I would tend to agree with you on all points here IF this was somebody's home. It is a forum created for the betterment of an industry/profession/hobby(I hope)...so that both buyers and sellers can deal with ease and caution, people of all levels of experience can learn from one another, and so people can discuss(even argue to a degree) differences in opinions, standards, ethics, etc... Being the name behind a site like this is enough in of itself to invite criticism and opposition of all sorts.

Does Mike carry a chip on his shoulder? Maybe, I don't know. It would be just as easy to assume that Rich is still carrying a chip on his shoulder from whatever has transpired in the past, judging solely from posts in this thread. For someone to disagree with Rich on how he deals with members is not necessarily disrespecting or antagonizing him. I personally don't see Mike here trying to "earn his stripes", steer Fauna members to the other site, or trying to destroy this forum. I don't know either party here, and this is strictly my opinion from reading this thread and a couple others.

That being said, this is Rich's website, and he can allow or ban membership as he sees fit, no questions asked.

Mistyck 06-25-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1306696)
HA HA HA HA Well now. That was entertaining.

I propose everyone in this thread send the OP a PM with a link to the answer to his question. Let him get a first hand taste of what Rich and the Mods go through when people are too lazy to look, or too stupid to comprehend what they're reading.

Quote:

Excuse me.......You just told everyone to spam Mikes Inbox to pay him a lesson? Isn't that a huge violation on this site.....Talk about calling out the troops.....Because if it is not I am about to throw out some ideas for people to send you......Are you kidding me....?

Bill Rubin
ThunderPaws Ball Pythons

Excuse me but you need to read! He said the OP, which means ORIGINAL POSTER! So no he's not kidding you. :rolleyes_

RobNJ 06-25-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1306696)
HA HA HA HA Well now. That was entertaining.

I propose everyone in this thread send the OP a PM with a link to the answer to his question. Let him get a first hand taste of what Rich and the Mods go through when people are too lazy to look, or too stupid to comprehend what they're reading.

:iagree: not only would he get a first hand taste of having to deal with the same crap over and over, but I'm also sure that if 100+ sent him the link, at least one would be accessible to him...:rofl:

WebSlave 06-25-2011 08:07 PM

No guys. Please don't harass the guy. That is not the sort of thing I want this site to be known for.

Mistyck 06-25-2011 08:09 PM

I agree with Rich/Webslave, but still the OP needs to read and comprehend before posting.

crotalusadamanteus 06-25-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Excuse me.......You just told everyone to spam Mikes Inbox to pay him a lesson? Isn't that a huge violation on this site.....Talk about calling out the troops.....Because if it is not I am about to throw out some ideas for people to send you......Are you kidding me....?

Bill Rubin
ThunderPaws Ball Pythons

Spam? Where did I say that? Do yourself a favor and don't put words in my mouth. :thumbsup:

Call it what ever you want. But I'll call it many answers to the question he asked, since he didn't seem to catch it when Rich provided it, and instead chose to get butt hurt because Rich didn't put a sweet personal touch with the answer he provided.

Have you stopped to give consideration to just how many members this site has, and the amount of petty, often times stupid, questions that Rich and the Mods get on a daily basis? And there are links all over the place that answer these questions usually.

And yes, it was meant in jest. Anyone who knows me knows I have a strange sense of humor. I think anyone with ½ a wit would take my post in jest as well.

Are we done with Me now? :shrug01:

Foschi Exotic Serpents 06-25-2011 08:48 PM

That's it! I want my money back! Lol!!

Ya know, aren't ALL reintroduced species captive bred???? Like the peregrines that my friend Bernie Richtor was involved in restablishing in the chicagoland area some years ago.. Or the Rat snakes that some herpetologists are getting ready to reintroduce as we speak to re establish a pure blood line as only hybrids are being found?

I'm not really seeing a problem with this. At all.

Hmmm what other topics were there...

Oh and the square root of pi... Wait, we haven't gotten that far yet..

Wolfy-hound 06-25-2011 08:55 PM

The OP was whining and lazy and didn't get hand fed the answer he wanted and decided to be petty.

If Webslave was unfair and banned people who disagree with him and didn't care about the membership... why is the OP not banned? Why isn't Rubin banned for repeated antagonism? Why is the thread still up?

Rubin's continued snipes look to me like someone trying to get banned just so he can run back to his friends saying "Look look! See how unfair!! I was just BANNED!" Mike coming to jump up and say that Webslave was rude is suspicious considering that Webslave's reply said "The Feedback Forum is your friend" and not "Look you lazy doofus, read the stupid posted blaring red announcement and you'd know!"(which would probably be MY response and thus why I don't run a website.... that and a complete lack of computer skills... and a lack of time)

The comment about people sending PMs to the OP was obviously a joke, yet you Rubin decided not only to jump up and down, trying to act as if it were a planned assault on the OPs house to steal all his gummy bears... you even twisted it to say it was an attack on MIKE rather than the OP.

And lest you decide that I'm attacking you, realize that if I wanted to be mean, I'd say something like.... "Try being subtle, you'll never convince folks you're in the right and being attacked for no reason when you act like a doofus publicly, repeatedly and poorly". instead of pointing your actions out in a calm, reasoned listing.