FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Informal presidential election poll (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302627)

akonitony 03-13-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1431290)
And BTW, I understand Spanish very well. Just because I won't be forced to speak it, means nothing. So keep your derogatory reference to yourself please.

I'm only married to a spaniard, I only speak 'American English', and I asked my wife how you should introduce yourself, then typed in what she told me to type...

She told me it was a fitting way for you to introduce yourself, and I'm guessing at what it means, just like "Tu me voelves loquito" means "I love you very much", which she is always telling me. Such a sweet girl...

akonitony 03-13-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1431314)
Blah blah bla-blah-blah, blah ... blah!

So, why is it so hard to acquire a BASIC understanding of the English language in order to become a citizen here, if they can learn it in other countries thousands of miles away from here, on completely different continents? It's not like they're asking people to become English majors.

Keep those excuses coming. this is getting really amusing.

:rofl:
Agreed. Without getting into a discussion on Broca's area (look it up), I think you'll find most people who become citizens meet said requirement. Getting back to the original point of your avatar possibly making you look foolish (not name calling here, just stating an opinion), and after providing proof there is no official language, defense rest, your honor (still not name calling).

Addendum: I still love the fact we are a melting pot, as it would be pretty boring to have only one language allowed in this country.

crotalusadamanteus 03-13-2012 03:36 PM

Te quiero con todo mi corrazon... Is how I learned it. ;). Then again, I admit, I learned Mexican spanish, not true Spain spanish.

salottimc 03-13-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akonitony (Post 1431309)
Agreed. But to tell someone they cannot come to this country because you can't understand what they are saying is wrong as well, is it not? Do you know how difficult, if not physically impossible, it is for someone who is in their later years in life to learn a new language? Try flipping your statement around, and you'll say there is nothing that states they have to cater to you who do not speak the same language as them. Now, what say you?

Push 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, or 3 for Gibberish.

I fully agree. There is nothing that says whoever doesn't speak my language needs to cater to me. In fact, most countries have a recognized language. I would be an idiot to become a citizen somewhere that I could not communicate with people.

crotalusadamanteus 03-13-2012 03:48 PM

Anyway, I think we've strayed off topic way more then Rich usually allows, so...

RON PAUL for 2012!

salottimc 03-13-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus (Post 1431333)
Anyway, I think we've strayed off topic way more then Rich usually allows, so...

RON PAUL for 2012!

:iagree:

akonitony 03-13-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salottimc (Post 1431327)
I fully agree. There is nothing that says whoever doesn't speak my language needs to cater to me. In fact, most countries have a recognized language. I would be an idiot to become a citizen somewhere that I could not communicate with people.

Hey! No name calling!!! :NoNo::eek:

dumje 03-13-2012 05:42 PM

What do they call a person that speaks 3 languages....trilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 2 languages...bilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 1 language...American

Pretty sad that in our country we are stuck that way....they spoke English to you because thats all they figured you knew...props to them for speaking multiple languages....

Im proud to be an American...Im proud to be an american of mixed background which gives me the ability to look at issues from both sides...

dumje 03-13-2012 05:43 PM

god...whoever becomes president needs to lead us out of this crap we are in...GO VOTE!!!!

akonitony 03-13-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumje (Post 1431364)
What do they call a person that speaks 3 languages....trilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 2 languages...bilingual

What do they call someone that speaks 1 language...American

Pretty sad that in our country we are stuck that way....they spoke English to you because thats all they figured you knew...props to them for speaking multiple languages....

Im proud to be an American...Im proud to be an american of mixed background which gives me the ability to look at issues from both sides...

At least your humble about it :rolleyes_