FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Snakes Discussion Forum (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=336)
-   -   snake pheromones (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593528)

rare jewels 09-23-2016 03:22 PM

snake pheromones

Is it possible to get snake pheromones? I've asked pet stores if they have them and get told no. I'd like some black racer forum pheromones because I suck at snake hunting, and those seem to be the most commonly spotted snake in this part of Florida that's harmless. Can anyone help me out please? If I could find a snake on my own, I wouldn't bother asking.
God bless, Jason Irelan
:welcome::hair_on_fire::hair_on_fire::bluegrab:

Robert Walker 09-23-2016 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know about pheromones but here are some helpful hints to make a human size rodent costume?

Helenthereef 09-23-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 1946897)
I don't know about pheromones but here are some helpful hints to make a human size rodent costume?

Nice. Sarky, but nice! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

rare jewels 09-25-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helenthereef (Post 1946911)
Nice. Sarky, but nice! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, it's not nice; because it's no help. Does anyone know about snake pheromones? I know what they say about wild caught snakes being unhealthy, but every captive bred snake had to have descended from a wild caught one somewhere. If I had my druthers, I'd rather have a garter snake instead of shelling out $40 or more to a dealer that sells captive bread garter snakes because there's no excuse for charging that much when all they do is put two snakes together and let them have sex. I know that's not the case for racers because you also have to make sure as many eggs as possible hatch, but garters are live bearing snakes.
God bless, Jason Irelan
:blowup:
:slamit:

Helenthereef 09-25-2016 09:50 PM

You're right of course, you made a serious request and we didn't take it very seriously. I'd judge though, from the lack of other responses, that the answer has to be no to the snake pheromones question. I've certainly never heard of it.

I did find (in another thread, not mine) a suggestion for a trap that might work if they are the most common snake in your area... apparently garter snakes can be caught like this:

"We use 5 gallon bucket traps: bury the bucket to the rim, a scrap piece of plywood to cover top, put 4 small rocks on each corner to give plywood a 1 inch gap from bucket, check daily."

Good luck!

rare jewels 09-26-2016 03:28 PM

I seriously doubt that garter snakes are the most commonly spotted snakes in my neighborhood. We seem to get the black racers most of all. I've seen three living ones and only succeeded in catching one. If I still had that snake, I wouldn't be asking. So what's a good trap to lure a black racer?
God bless, Jason Irelan
:hair_on_fire:

rare jewels 11-15-2016 03:29 PM

I could really stand some snake pheromones and wish there was someone who could supply some for me. If I tried fishing again and didn't know of any areas where I knew where they'd be, I'd be asking about fish pheromones instead to put on the hook.
God bless, Jason Irelan