FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   DTS herp farm (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=475458)

Brandonmarsh29 05-28-2014 11:38 PM

DTS herp farm

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever done business with them? I have seen some of their ads on another site and sometimes the representative pics they have posted look really skinny. Just curious n would like to know if I should call them or not next time I see something I like. Thank you guy much.

Fangthane 05-28-2014 11:48 PM

DTS as in Dan Scolaro? If so, RUN AWAY! A BOI search for Scolaro will yield some alarming information. Do yourself a favor...avoid at all costs.

redhood23 05-28-2014 11:55 PM

He has a bad rep on here, but I have bought some snakes off of him recently and they were perfect. I was skeptical at first, but I contacted 35 people who he had on his site that had reviewed him and spoke to them. His animals are mostly all imports, so if you do get from him, make sure to flagyl and pancur your animals. I picked up a pair of barons and a pair of ornate flying snakes from him, they were great.

redhood23 05-28-2014 11:58 PM

Again, I will say I was very skeptical, but I had a good experience. Only dealt with him once though.

Wilomn 05-29-2014 12:40 AM

One of the worst guys in the business.

Fangthane 05-29-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhood23 (Post 1716794)
He has a bad rep on here,

And very rightfully so. Hopefully, it extends far beyond here. I'd hope that he'd have a bad rep among any group of people who place even the slightest value on integrity. There are so many things that an informed buyer would have to look past to even consider dealing with the guy. Beyond the documented history of mites, IBD, a comically cutthroat business model, countless lies, evasions and blowups; one would still have to get past the fact that the guy's just a total piece o' :censored: in general. Such an enticing proposition. :ack2:

David Scarboro 05-29-2014 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhood23 (Post 1716797)
Again, I will say I was very skeptical, but I had a good experience. Only dealt with him once though.

So you have no qualms about dealing with and supporting a proven bad guy?
That is good to know.

Lucille 05-29-2014 07:30 AM

Brandon, I just want to confirm that you are speaking of Dan Scolaro, there is a different business that describes itself as a Herp Farm.

Ron Allen 05-29-2014 09:31 AM

You can't spell Death To Snakes without DTS.

kingpinreptiles 05-29-2014 10:57 AM

Just wanted to chime in here..
I've done countless transactions with Dan over the last 10 years, thousands of dollars at a time, and have never had any problems with any of them.
I have seen plenty of his bad guy threads over the years, but anyone who does hundreds of transactions a year faces the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 bad ones.