FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fauna Web Moderator **Horrible Customer Service** (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253278)

akonitony 06-23-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hhmoore (Post 1305685)
So we are nearly 3 weeks into this change, and I still get at least a few of these daily. I have answered every one of them by suggesting that the sender read the announcement that is posted in each section of the classifieds or check the Fauna Feedback Forum, saying that the situation is fully explained in both places.
Some members probably do feel slighted by that type of response....but I suspect that they might understand it a little better if they were the ones that had received the barrage of PMs asking a question that is answered, publicly, in the two most obvious and relevant places. If I were to type out an explanation to each one I received, it would have morphed into something quite abbreviated, without much in the way of background or explanation , in pretty short order....at least this way, everybody gets the same response; and it is one that pretty thoroughly answers the question.

Guess what? I was one of those people who asked one of those PM questions, and Mr. Moore explained it very quickly in a manner that was easy to understand, and almost seemed to be walking on eggshells to try and do it fast and simple, but not come off as a jerk or something. I think he basically said something to the effect of "The easiest way for me to explain this is to point you to the sticky above each..." and so I pointed and clicked, said "Oh?!" to myself, then typed out a quick apology to Mr. Moore for wasting his time, because that is exactly what I did.
Jeesh dude, read the dern sticky and get on with life already. I can't imagine being anywhere near as polite as 'big meanie' or any of the moderators have been when one considers how many times they have been bombarded with the same friggin' question. You're lucky it aint me in their position - I'd be up at the top of some tower in a pink dress and flowery hat with my trusty 50-cal by now - not a pretty picture at all.
:shootfoot

Pasodama 06-23-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebSlave (Post 1305663)
Sorry fella, but that highlighted quote above was NOT in your correspondence to me. This is just something you threw in here that you pulled out of thin air.

Just wanted to add ...
Other behavior aside, this alone (even though the "excuse" did not make sense) would, and will, make me avoid the OP like the plague!
Imagine if a problem came up, should someone do business with the OP, and lies (by the OP) could be resorted to.:ack2:

LauraB 06-23-2011 11:59 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Geez, just spit my beverage all over myself. Now speechless for once.

Well, not quite. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mistyck 06-24-2011 12:03 AM

LOL Laura, don't choke on your drink now! :laugh:

Pasodama 06-24-2011 12:10 AM

BTW I do know that lies are resorted to, by quite a few "untrustworthy individuals", but ... when it is proven that they will resort to lies/deception ... that is a big signal, for me, to not do business with that person. Just wanted to clarify.;)

HerpVenue 06-24-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton (Post 1305733)
i think what the person was saying was that he had concidered becoming a contributor and supporting the site until this whole thing happened.

Thats his choice but it does sound like he jumped the gun a little.

I have been here forever. I was even a mod here once upon a time. If you take all the versions that Fauna has gone through and add up all my posts in the past versions, you will probably see that I probably have the most posts. I guess what I am trying to say is I have been here a while and have seem most of it if not all.

I have seen it hundreds of times. They are always in the process of contemplating on becoming a contributor. But it just so happens that something did not go their way during their decision making process so they decided to change their minds. He is not the first guy who ALMOST contributed. He won't be the last.

Elizabeth Minton 06-24-2011 12:31 AM

Sounds perfectly understandable how you described it. :)

It does make something good to laugh about though lol

Dennis Hultman 06-24-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton (Post 1305733)
just putting this in... im not on anyone side and not sure if this is what he meant exactly but i read through this whole thread and i think what the person was saying was that he had concidered becoming a contributor and supporting the site until this whole thing happened.

Thats his choice but it does sound like he jumped the gun a little.

I highly doubt that. I've read enough of these types of threads over the years.

Quote:

I wonder though, if I were a contributing member would I receive this level of service?

It's a afterthought and the reason he thinks he is getting substandard service. The service he pays nothing for. He has been selling his wears for more than a couple of years here and could have contributed at any time.

Dennis Hultman 06-24-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerpVenue (Post 1305772)
I have been here forever. I was even a mod here once upon a time. If you take all the versions that Fauna has gone through and add up all my posts in the past versions, you will probably see that I probably have the most posts. I guess what I am trying to say is I have been here a while and have seem most of it if not all.

I have seen it hundreds of times. They are always in the process of contemplating on becoming a contributor. But it just so happens that something did not go their way during their decision making process so they decided to change their minds. He is not the first guy who ALMOST contributed. He won't be the last.

What the Ferret said. :iagree:

WebSlave 06-24-2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowAceD (Post 1305713)
I am curious ... aside fromt he clearly comedic aspect of this ...
just wondering why this thread is still here.

Does this BOI Thread actually follow the rules of the BOI (i.e. full name on the title)?

Well, how would it look if I deleted this thread about me? Sorry, but no. I think it has served a valid purpose remaining here.

I'm sure you will recognize the OP whenever you see him by the pronounced limp in his gait.....

:shootfoot :shootfoot

As for the contribution that I "lost" from this guy, all I have to say about that is "Yeah, riiiiiiiight......" :rolleyes: I have gotten that same line from MANY people who didn't get their way and got in a huff over it, or else were just on the way out being ushered out the door.