FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568761)

cobra0212 03-16-2016 09:05 PM

Rhode Island Reptile Enclosures: Warning

I recently purchased two cages from James Church. As requested the cages were paid immediately, but so far they were not delivered, despite many promises. When contacting him, I received many different excuses postponing the delivery day by day... However, those were clearly invented. So far, it was not possible to solve this issue. I hope my message will avoid you becoming a victim too.
So far the was no option to discuss it over the phone to find a solution. A very sad situation.

JCCS 03-16-2016 09:31 PM

Is this the same James Church that used to live in Charlotte, NC?

MissFirefly 03-17-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra0212 (Post 1897193)
I recently purchased two cages from James Church. As requested the cages were paid immediately, but so far they were not delivered, despite many promises. When contacting him, I received many different excuses postponing the delivery day by day... However, those were clearly invented. So far, it was not possible to solve this issue. I hope my message will avoid you becoming a victim too.
So far the was no option to discuss it over the phone to find a solution. A very sad situation.

Would recommend laying out your timeline - when you first made contact, when you paid, and the promised delivery date. Also helpful to share any communication you have had (emails, FB messages, texts) to backup your story.

If you paid via PayPal or with a credit card, would see about submitting a claim to get your money back.

Robert Walker 03-17-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobra0212 (Post 1897193)
I recently purchased two cages from James Church.

Were the cages you purchased "in-stock" or "custom cages"?

cobra0212 03-17-2016 12:29 PM

They are "custom made", why?

Robert Walker 03-17-2016 01:22 PM

Prior to purchasing the cages, did you read this on their website?:

"As with any custom build there are factors to consider with Due dates and delivery times. from time to time we may encounter an issues that prevents us from Hitting a deadline. In the event of a missed date, I will do everything in my power to keep you updated and work with you to get the project competed.

(caps, directly off website)
YOUR CUSTOM BUILD IS SUBJECT TO SCHEDULING CHANGES DUE TO MANUFACTURING NEEDS. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HIT A DEADLINE, SOMETIMES THIS CANNOT HAPPEN, WE WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ACCOMODATE YOUR BUILID TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY."

MissFirefly 03-17-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Walker (Post 1897299)
Prior to purchasing the cages, did you read this on their website?:

"As with any custom build there are factors to consider with Due dates and delivery times. from time to time we may encounter an issues that prevents us from Hitting a deadline. In the event of a missed date, I will do everything in my power to keep you updated and work with you to get the project competed.

(caps, directly off website)
YOUR CUSTOM BUILD IS SUBJECT TO SCHEDULING CHANGES DUE TO MANUFACTURING NEEDS. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO HIT A DEADLINE, SOMETIMES THIS CANNOT HAPPEN, WE WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ACCOMODATE YOUR BUILID TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY."

This is where I think it would be helpful to see a timeline and communication records. While it makes sense that not every deadline can be met with custom orders, a customer should not be forced to wait an unreasonable amount of time. Can't say this is happening here or not without more proof.

Robert Walker 03-17-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissFirefly (Post 1897304)
This is where I think it would be helpful to see a timeline and communication records... unreasonable amount of time.

You are correct, a timeline would be helpful. Even if we knew a timeline however, RIRE has given themselves an "out" to avoid any and all committal deadlines based on "manufacturing needs". If the client agreed to such terms in advance, they have basically waived their right to an "exact" deadline(s). Since the client has no way of knowing if RIRE is experiencing "manufacturing needs", the client can not prove or disprove that they are/aren't experiencing an "unreasonable amount of time" or not.

Each party may have different versions of what constitutes "unreasonable", but in this case, the client agreed to accept RIRE's definition.

RIRE commented on this subject yesterday in an incorrect forum, perhaps they will return today and elaborate further.

I'm not taking sides, just saying what I'm observing thus far.

SIGNATURE DESIGN EXOTICS 03-17-2016 02:20 PM

Not stick up for him... but I know a few people who have bought from him and tho his deadlines sux. The cages are amazing especially for the price. Worth the wait but he needs to get his act togather on times.

bcr229 03-17-2016 02:38 PM

Maybe it's a dumb question but your location states "Romont, Fribourg, Switzerland" so why are you ordering enclosures from a manufacturer in Rhode Island? Are you in the USA now?