FaunaClassifieds

FaunaClassifieds (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Has anyone ever heard of Ariel Cudia? (https://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99565)

ASC1 05-18-2007 03:46 PM

Has anyone ever heard of Ariel Cudia?

Can someone tell me if they have had any problems dealing with him?

Jaybee 05-20-2007 11:57 PM

I made a purchase of some juvenile crested geckos at a show from him in late 2006. He promised they'd all mature to female, and they have; they're also all very even-tempered animals and are feeding well and growing nicely. His prices were competitive too, compared to quite a few online dealers I've come across.

One thing to be aware of - his care sheets (from 2006 anyway, when I purchased the animals) recommended baby food as a staple alongside crickets, when many crestie dealers are currently pushing the Crested Gecko Diet. However, I spoke at length with him and he claimed to have dealt with these animals for years now. He also sold CGD powder as well as vitamin powders, and after having done my own research on feeding and care, I decided to purchase from him as he had morphs I was interested in. There was no problem getting the animals switched over from baby food to the varied Repashy/CGD meals.

I had a bit of an issue with the statement on the bottom of his (2006) caresheet that said (quoting here verbatim, as I saved it):
"Once you purchase an animal from me, you have taken the liberty of taking care of the creature with proper knowledge and education given specifically by me. By not follow [sic] these guidelines and the animal's [sic] dies, you f*cked up. Seek psychological help."

However, his demeanor in my small dealings in person did not carry this same brusque attitude, and he made sure I had his e-mail and phone number to contact him if I had any issues with the animals.

ASC1 05-21-2007 01:28 PM

Was there anything wrong with the animals you purchased? I googled his name and was wondering if it's the same person. Do you have any other information about him?

Jaybee 05-21-2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASC1
Was there anything wrong with the animals you purchased? I googled his name and was wondering if it's the same person. Do you have any other information about him?

Like I said, the animals I purchased are healthy, growing fine, eating fine, switched over to CGD easily, and very easily handled. The Ariel Cudia I dealt with deals (or at least dealt; it's been a few months for me) out of the Lake County Reptile Show and the Chicagoland Animal Hobbyist Expo under the business name Acurit Gecko Design.

I do know that I had read some other feedback on him on another forum, but as I don't personally know the person/people the feedback came from, I'm unwilling to re-post that information here. If you like, you can send me a private message and I'll point you in that direction and decide for yourself. I can also send you pictures of the animals I purchased the day I purchased them, and give you current photos as well.

meandstormy 05-21-2007 07:13 PM

Ariel Cudia has proven to be good to his word time after time. He will provide excellent references. I have four of his Geckos, they are very good looking, very easy to handle from day one. He is available to answer questions. Response time has always been within a reasonable time period.

Ariel is very honest, concerned with any quesion you might have.

Definitely a 10 recommendation.

He is usually at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, Next date -- ALL ANIMAL EXPO on 6/2/07. He is as nice in person as he is by E-Mail.

sschind 05-21-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybee

One thing to be aware of - his care sheets (from 2006 anyway, when I purchased the animals) recommended baby food as a staple alongside crickets, when many crestie dealers are currently pushing the Crested Gecko Diet.

Prior to the introduction of the crested gecko diet many people raised many crested geckos using baby food and crickets. I am sure many still do. Just because many crestie dealers are pushing the CGD doesn't mean those who do not are producing inferior animals.

Jaybee 05-21-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sschind
Prior to the introduction of the crested gecko diet many people raised many crested geckos using baby food and crickets. I am sure many still do. Just because many crestie dealers are pushing the CGD doesn't mean those who do not are producing inferior animals.

Indeed. That's why I said it was just something to be aware of. I've just encountered a lot of extremely vocal pro-Crested Gecko Diet folks who immediately believe that because someone feeds supplemented baby food, this means he's a bad breeder, and I didn't want any of those folks jumping on me for recommending someone who is sticking mostly by the "old ways."

I believe the rest of my post indicates that the animals I received from him are thriving, and that he dealt with me well. The only real issue I had was the "seek psychological help" line of his care sheet, and even that was a small issue.

flamedcrestie 05-22-2007 11:59 AM

Does anyone else find it ironic that Ariel's license place on his car is Acurit1, this is also his chosen user name on another gecko site.
From this, we know he likes to choose 1 to describe himself. Now look at the user who started this thread!
ASC1....
Ariel S____ ( don't know middle name) Cudia1.... these were my first impressions of this thread.
:shootfoot

When a quick google search is done on 'Ariel S. Cudia', it comes up with several listings for KRAFT foods, also Ariel's listing for profession elsewhere, which confirms his middle name does start with S.

So to finish it off, and comparing birthdates.... ASC1 on this forum has listed a birthdate of
February 14, 1972

well what do you know, when compared to the listed birthdate of the known Ariel Cudia on another site, it's exactly the same!

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with trying to find out how people feel about you as a business man etc. I'd love to know how people feel about me, as would most people. But going about it in this manner just seems a bit 'shady' to me.....

These could all very well be coincidences as well, and if so I'm sorry ASC1, AKA Salvador Robles.... but something just doesn't seem right to me about this one!

Andrew Gilpin

Jaybee 05-22-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamedcrestie
Does anyone else find it ironic that Ariel's license place on his car is Acurit1, this is also his chosen user name on another gecko site.
From this, we know he likes to choose 1 to describe himself. Now look at the user who started this thread!
ASC1....
Ariel S____ ( don't know middle name) Cudia1.... these were my first impressions of this thread.

When a quick google search is done on 'Ariel S. Cudia', it comes up with several listings for KRAFT foods, also Ariel's listing for profession elsewhere, which confirms his middle name does start with S.

So to finish it off, and comparing birthdates.... ASC1 on this forum has listed a birthdate of
February 14, 1972

well what do you know, when compared to the listed birthdate of the known Ariel Cudia on another site, it's exactly the same!

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing wrong with trying to find out how people feel about you as a business man etc. I'd love to know how people feel about me, as would most people. But going about it in this manner just seems a bit 'shady' to me.....

These could all very well be coincidences as well, and if so I'm sorry ASC1, AKA Salvador Robles.... but something just doesn't seem right to me about this one!

Andrew Gilpin

Now that you mention it, I believe "ASC1" was the nickname Ariel was using on the Lake County Reptile Show's forums when it was up (it now seems defunct, however, so I can't back that up, and I tend to be bad with acronyms and numbers, which is why I didn't mention it). If ASC1 is Ariel, this does seem kind of sneaky - I would have been happy to post my experiences with him here if he'd only asked! It had just slipped my mind to do so. I do understand that sometimes businessfolks want to find out their standing in the community without bias; I just wish it had been done more straightforwardly.

As Mr. Gilpin said, if ASC1 is not actually Mr. Cudia, I apologize, but it does seem odd that they share birthdays.

ASC1 05-22-2007 03:58 PM

Thank you Andrew, but ASC stands for All State Champions. My bowling team won not too long ago. My birthday is 2/14/82. Accidentally selected 1972. The reason why I was looking him up is that I was referred by someone. I heard good and bad things about him. So, I'm trying to make sure that my transaction will be smooth. I'm sorry for the confusion. But you seem to know alot about him, can you tell me more? I'll try googling him.

Sal