FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What do you use for housing your reptiles & why?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #2
JungleHabitats
what I use & why

Well I voted plastic & wooden Cages

Personally for me these both work fine.I have scaled down my collection to under 10 boas for the purpose of focusing on other things and to not let my snakes lack attention, So rack systems are not needed here ( for now )

I like the ability of the plastic cage to be light enough to move easily with myself and no one else around.There easily moved to clean out side if needed and they hold heat & humidity very very well.

I also have on large wooden cage that i have a old breeder male in and i like the fact that i can stack the world on it with out any ill repercussions for the weight . Its finished off very nicely and makes for something that looks like it belongs in the room VS something that begs im out of place.

I would say each of the options listed can be made to suit anyone but depending on your animal count / available space and budget. Rack systems are great if you have alot of animals and limited space to house them.Cages are great because you it allows you to view the animals at any given time by a simple glance to the cage & you can also house multiple animals in a series of cages .Glass aquariums to me are not the best options for reptiles other then a limited few due to the hassle of cleaning them depending on the species housed in them , its not fun if youhave to lug a 55gal or larger cage outside once a week to clean out ... well theres a lil of my feeling lets hear others on this subject.