FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - What do you use for housing your reptiles & why?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
jenn_jeffery
I really like having the two doors that swing open. I did one modification to the cage, which was putting a locking latch on both doors to keep my son out of them--which is a good thing, since the barrel bolts on the bottom two doors are unlocked about half the time now!!

I'm currently working on setting them up as display type cages, since it's in my living room, I figured I may as well make the cages look really nice, instead of just functional.

My boa is tons happier in the larger cage. I'm not sure if he feels more secure in there, or just likes having the extra room.

http://www.arbreptiles.com/cages/dc031.jpg

In case anyone is wondering, that's the cage I bought from Clay.

I like the ones you replaced it with, the size seems to be a bit better--shallower--which would make it a lot easier for me to reach the back corner, on the side I can't open the door all the way, from the placement of the cage...and I HATE leaning in over a snake if I can help it...

The only other recommendation I would have for a paneled cage like the one I bought, is don't out sand in it unless you fill in the cracks first!! Stupid me didn't even think of that until I already had over 50 pounds of sand in....so I spent forever vacuuming sand from the carpet!!! Seriously, if I ever have dragons again, I'll fill the cracks with a clear caulkin or something similar before even thinking of such a fine substrate.