FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Adoption BP
Thread: Adoption BP
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 09:16 PM   #38
Aprylla
Cheap..

Yeah, I would have to say that you got off cheap on this one. I just took a blood python to the vet a few days ago when I received it because I received it with a URI that I wasn't informed about. That vet visit cost me $170 plus he will need another check up or two in the coming weeks which isn't.

When you have reptiles you have to be prepared (and willing) to do what needs to be done for them when they get sick, the same as if you have a dog, a cat or even a child. Obviously, adults can take themselves to the doctor if they are not feeling well, but reptiles depend on thier owners/keepers to keep them alive and healthy.

I am glad you were able to get the Ball Python to the vet. I hope that it's health improves. I would keep a close eye on it though because things like this ofetn appear to get better and then come back all of the sudden.

If you have questions about your vet's ability with reptiles, you can look for a reptile vet who specializes and has had training in dealing with reptiles. There is a great website for the Association of Reptile and Amphibian Veterinarians at: ww.arav.org The peopel listed on that site generally are the vets that have more knowledge of caring for sick reptiles than your run of the mill dog and cat vets.

Good luck and I hope that everything turns out ok.