FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - How long should the sex of a sold animal be guaranteed?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 AM   #17
sagespyder@yahoo.com
I have been breeding for a little bit before I started breeding for myself in my home. When I placed my dragons up for sale I put probable, I had recieved my first bearded dragon and it looked female to me. A few months later it became apparent that it was male. I bought Duke unsexed so it didn't matter. Older dragons are easier to sex because of their size, and then I would place the sex, not just probable. I have never probed snakes when I worked as a breeder in San Diego but I was trained and did pop the snakes without causing harm and sexed them correctly. I was double checked later when my manager probed them. I take things on the seller's word because right now I can negotiate wrong sexes and move my projects around since I am looking to the future with that besides Duke being proven het hypo now that he and Lucy together produced a clutch containing hypos. All I knew of his genetics was that he is a citrus red cross. I was no longer working there and they had since gained new dragons.