FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Can't seem to reply in my own threads...
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:19 PM   #97
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to have it so threads could be replied to w/o bumping up the thread? This way questions could be publicly addressed/answered for all to see (if it warrants a public response), but still keep it from bumping.
This was actually one of the first solutions that we looked at...unfortunately, in addition to Rich's explanation, there would have been a conflict in how the bump feature is set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
You want to talk about higher tiers..... at the $100 level you can only bump 1.6 ads per month (30 day month). I can bump 6 ads per day per section for that same $100 on KS.

Tell me where my advertising $$ is better spent
Actually, you seem to be incorrect on a couple of points here, Kevin. According to http://www.pethobbyist.com/services/classified.php, one is limited to 3 ads per section, per day. (I know that is the case for my own account).
At the $100 level here, you get 100 bumps per month...so 3 per day, plus a handful. However, you can post an unlimited number of ads - the only thing restricted is the number of bumps.
As far as where your advertising dollars are better spent, that sort of depends on how many sales your money generates, how much use you get out of the site, etc. Besides, the membership here does offer other benefits aside from the classifieds.