FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - PAYPAL IS HORRIBLE - dont use paypal
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
AlamoAgama
PAYPAL IS HORRIBLE - dont use paypal

PAYPAL IS PURE EVIL

so, the other day, i sent 100$ , first 100 out of 350 i owe her.

i check my paypal account soon after i send 100$ and i see that the 100$ was taken out twice, 30 seconds apart. though i did not double click the button or click the back button.

i checked my email. i had only ONE email notification for a payment from paypal.

i sent her a text message asking if she had 1 payment or 200$. i got no reply (not uncommon for me to not get a reply)

the next day paypal pulls 200$ out of my account instead of 100. thats when i called paypal and explaned it was an unauthorized payment. they "issued a refund" and she said it would take 24 hours untill it reflected my account.

today it did not reflect my account, so i called again. they put me on hold for a while then returned to the line saying that they reversed the payment.

i immediately got a call from the woman, asking why paypal reversed the 100$. i explained to her why. she was very angry because it left her in the negative on her paypal account, which would deduct from her bank account to make up the difference.

she thought i sent 200 instead of 100, since she uses paypal like a bank account she already had used the 200 thinking i just paid her more.

obviously paypal is dangerous, being able to pull money or put money as it pleases with out verification or authorizations or confirmations. linking my account directly to her bank account and pulling money directly from there with out notice to her. its like having a car payment that is not on auto pay, but will pull out when ever it feels like....

so now, i have to wait for the 100 to come back to me threw paypal, (3-5 days) then i have to move it to my bank acount (3-5 days) so by late next week i should finally have 100 back in my account and now she's negative on her account....

this is NOT the first time i have had issues with paypal.