FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Who is "THE" source for leopard gecko genetics?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 03:33 PM   #15
diablohogs
Arrow in my opinion...

there are three stages of abberancy..

stage 1. abberancy: this would be any nontypical expression of the normal pattern.

stage 2. jungle: this is when the pattern has been overtaken with abberant pattern (a stronger expression of abberant). at this point its like the bands are fighting to become stripes.

stage 3. stripe: this is when the bands have gone from horizontal to vertical. they have restabilized as stripes. weaker examples of this usually resemble jungles or abberants.

most likely (and this is another hypothisis) this is from crossing subspecies of leopard gecko. when making snake hybrids abberancies are the norm. im even willing to bet that they exsist in honduran milksnakes for the very same reason!

like i said these are simply hypothisis... but i get the feeling crossing a pueblan milksnake with a honduran milksnake (both with normal patterns) would create instabilities in patternvgenetics...creating abberancy...and i feel the same appllies with leopard geckos.

in conclusion i dont feel that it is a recessive OR dominant gene rather a group of genes responsible for pattern that gets confused through adding a different combonation of genes via a subspecific crossbreedng.

but like i said... aside from what ive seen with hondurans and by looking at my albino stripe leo...i really have no lab proof to back this up...yet.