FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Wait... so its okay to ship through UPS?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
And this is a perfect reason why NOT to use UPS or buy from someone who ships UPS. Very seldom will UPS employees know what they are moving now and with the large decrease of reptile shipments, I doubt your new pet will get that special care and treatment that you hope for. Using a carrier that ships such a low amount of reptiles is asking for trouble.
I wonder though, do you guys really think that shipping employees in general (fed ex, UPS, USPS, etc) actually handle a box differently because it says fragile? I often wonder this when I am packaging up animals or anything else that is fragile. I would think that they see so many packages in a small amount of time that they really don't pay much attention to any scribbling we have put on them. This also applies to the "this direction up" arrows that are on the boxes.

The other thing to consider here is that much of the shipping process is automated now days (hence the VERY large bar code on the packages) with laser scanners for destination, box dimensions, etc. I wonder how many times during a typical reptile shipping event the box actually touches someone's hands (other than at the counter and the delivery driver).