FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - whats everyones opinion of the scalless cornsnakes?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's View Post
i would love to see these studies, to back that up, constant pain? were the studies conducted by peta? that alone is enough to tell me these studies are a little far fetcdh, what kind of reptile? what kind of studies exactly, ive know people whom have had scaless texas rats since the 80's health breeding etc no diff then their scaled counter parts
Not that I'm aware of. Your guess is as good as mine on funding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Dum's View Post
so in otherwords you have nothing to back up what IMO is nonsense
No, that is not at all what I said. Perhaps you should reread my last post? Will I go through and dig for the article just because it was brought up here? No, I do have other things to do and I did post it on Cornsnakes.com 1-2 years ago. I was attempting to have a discussion which seems to have been lost on you. BTW, your question was "whats everyones opinion of the scalless cornsnakes? these gonna be as popul;ar as many of the other morphs or gonna be hit or miss, im curious what everyone thinks, thanks" and I provided what I thought and what little information I gleaned on them from several years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre
Jason, I think Stephanie was trying to have a discussion on good faith. Your initial question was fairly easy to misinterpret. No reason to get ornery.

Honestly, I like scaleless reptiles. I think the "constant pain" is pretty far fetched and unsubstantiated, since these animals do thrive if taken care of properly. I can see dehydration and perhaps sunburn (?) being an issue for certain species (such as bearded dragon silkies), but other than that, I don't think it's much different than having a hairless rat, cat, or naked bird.
Thank you. I'm not at all stating that the studies are 100% accurate, I did in fact say that I believe more studies should be done to substantiate the information one way or another.