FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - 40 Dead Snakes Found In Greensboro Home, Man Charged
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #69
dumboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRainbow View Post
Why should he be charged with animal cruelty? It appears [if the video comments check out] that he lost electricity in December and that's what killed the snakes. If that's true, it was merely accidental and not "cruelty." In the case that they were accidentally frozen, that's actually a fairly humane way to die for an ectotherm. I'd be inclined to believe, since he had morphs and was breeding, that this would be true. They were obviously of value and he obviously knew the trade to an extent at which he could get them off his hands if he so pleased. It's unlikely he's just some moron with a "couple of PY-tons." Either way, there's not enough evidence to conclude that he mistreated or intentionally harmed these animals.

I think the true villain in this story is the they interviewed. "We definately learned a lesson, next time we're going to be more strict, more unexpected visits. Um, more penalties and stuff like that because apparently people take advantage <sound cuts off>" As someone who until recently, has been raised in rental after rental and has always respected the properties, I'm disgusted when people who sell [or in this case, rent] their product out to consumers turn around and treat them like second rate citizens. Some are just downright unpleasant elitists.
IF you own dogs and were breeding them in your house and you lost power and just let your dogs freeze to death AND then not have the decency to take care of them properly. THEN just move and leave it to someone else is STILL CRUELTY.
If his snakes froze to death....ACCIDENTALLY, and he just left them in there racks to die along with all the rats and all the eggs, he is, simply put, a scumbag.