FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Fat People
Thread: Fat People
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 07:43 AM   #37
j tyler
I can't believe how shallow some people are:

1) How do you know when someone is a good person ? What gives you the ability to judge? What criteria do you use? How do you establish the core of someones personality? How do you know you are a good person? Are your self referential judgements valid? Who says we only have one personality? What do you do if someone is constantly changing?

2) Persons very often use "personality" as a mask, cover, facade etc. to manipulate or decieve others. How many times have you made mistakes about someone you thought was decent?...or gotten divorced? Human beings are experts at misleading others and themselves ;when do you decide you are not being manipulated?

3) If you really value diversity why not value some people based on their looks? To value people simply based on some kind undefined personality seems very superficial. On the otherhand, a good deal of people who yap about diversity are speaking about ethnic and racial diversity and that is judging people based on looks. Or better yet, if you want to be diverse you should include people who base their opinions on looks.

4)What makes you think that a person with what you call a good personality is in fact worth knowing? Would'nt you value a nasty person who,say, found a cure for cancer?

I expect Herpers to be a little more thoughtful than this thread has demonstrated. When I read some of the cliches you people spout like " dont judge abook by its cover" etc I detect people who have NO personality at all.