FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Enough is enough with the classifieds (*or* Why you cannot reply to classified ads)
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM   #40
hhmoore
Let me make sure I understand....
You think we should sort through 80,000 members to find the ones with negative karma scores, and block those people from posting in the classifieds?

I don't want to address that as a suggestion until it is confirmed (why waste my time if I'm mistaken), so, in the meantime, let me ask this. What is it about posting in the classifieds that is so attractive to people? Do sellers really like doing business in public, so everybody sees the offers? Personally, I HATE people posting in my ads...I refuse to entertain offers that are submitted that way, and I don't want people cluttering my ads with questions. I might appreciate nice comments, but it is useless to put them in my ads. Why? Because I'm going to delete them anyway. Besides, those posts don't really belong in the classifieds.

I'm sorry that you feel you, as a registered member, are getting the short end of the stick, but I apparently don't put the same value on the ability to post in ads that you (and some others) do. It isn't as if you can't advertise, or that you are blocked from viewing the ads. (Yes, I know there was a period that the classifieds weren't free; but that was detrimental to the site and I don't see Rich revisiting that unless/until he just doesn't care what happens to the place.)