FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Peek-a-boo proves it!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
hhmoore
Peek-a-boo proves it!

A few years ago, I purchased a small group of whitesided females. 2 of them were pretty light colored, and I commented to the breeder that they looked almost like ghosts - asking if there was any chance they were. (The pattern was as atypically heavy for a ghost as the overall color was atypically light for a WS). I was told that there was absolutely no chance - that they were just pretty whitesided bulls.
I've since sold all the others from that group; but I kept those two...and this year I put one of them to the test with a DH hypo whitesided that I produced myself. I was sitting here checking a few things online, and happened to glance in the direction of the egg boxes sitting on the edge of my desk. At first it didn't click that there was a baby sitting there, lol - in my defense, I wasn't looking in the boxes, or even at them - but as my gaze returned to what I was doing that voice in my head said baby bullsnake, so I quickly looked back.
Sure enough, there was a baby whitesided bull sitting there looking at me.

I opened the box, and grabbed the camera...there's just something about hatching babies that I can't resist .
In order:
Peek-a-boo: a little whitesided taking his first look at the outside world
Spook: That white head in this clutch can only mean one thing - GHOST
Squish: A hypo - no mistaking those colors...doesn't that look uncomfortable?
Joe: as in, a normal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (103.9 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (151.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (149.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (135.0 KB, 128 views)