FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Believe in Yourself
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 07:13 AM   #1
Lucille
Believe in Yourself

OK, this is one of my few serious posts, so please accept it as a serious gift from me:

Hopefully, many Fauna members and visitors here to the site will visit this little forum and at the very least, participate in some of the funny polls and read and respond to some of the threads.

Some look the site over from curiousity or because it is fun (and I hope it is, I have spent many hours trying to make it that way), but others are genuinely trying to reach out and find someone.
This post is for them:

If you are young and inexperienced, sometimes you are unsure of what the future will bring. There are all kinds of people in the world, and you dream that perhaps you will find a special one, just for you.
If you are older and have had relationships before, perhaps some did not work out the way you had hoped; you may even have experienced a breakup or divorce. You have felt the pain of a failed endeavor, and may be anxious about starting a possible new relationship. You may be lonely at times; but yet wonder about the safety of venturing out into a world which has already dealt you misfortune.

People need people. Life holds no guarantees, but if you treat others the way you would be treated, and work hard to keep a positive outlook despite memories of the past or anxieties of the future, you may very possibly meet up with someone who needs you as much as you need them. Life has never been an easy journey for any generation, but it is easier to face hand in hand.

Be kind, take a moment to reach out and help someone you meet or talk to, or see on this board, every day. If you truly make an effort to reach out and help others, you will be blessed yourself.

Above all, believe in yourself.