FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - My Blood Boa is broken
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 12:06 AM   #37
crotalusadamanteus
Just got back from the vet, and except for the obvious scoliosis of the spine, no signs of damage to the spine show up. Here's a couple X-Rays to look at. First is a rotated shot of the tail, with a magnified inset of the worse curve down by the tip...

Next is a comparison of it in relaxed position, and extended position. It took little effort to extend it since his tail is still sorta acting limp.

And just for the fun of it, since we took several X-Rays to examine the entire spine.

Going back next Thursday to draw some blood from the heart. Would have done it this time, but he had no pediatric vials, they're on order. Regular vials require more blood then we want to take from the little guy. Gonna be checking for Salmonella, Fungals, Mycobacteria, etc, etc, and do a reptilian profile as well since he'll have the blood, just to make sure all the plumbing is working right. As for the bruise, he says it's possible, and I'll monitor that until Thurs as well. He was thinking it looked like pigmentation until I told him to go view the picture in his email. It is pretty hard to see with the naked eye.

We talked at length about whether to let him breed or not. Given he was bought for a purpose, and there is a likelihood he won't recover enough to do the job later, unless it turns out to be something treatable, and from a medical stand point, would he still attempt it, and how awkward would it be, etc, etc.

He's back in quarantine for now, just in case, until the blood testing is done, as is Morrigan. I have my doubts I'll let him have anymore fun this season though, unless it does turn out to be some treatable bug. I just can't bring myself to put him through that when he's obviously not in comfort.

So not only do I NOT get to do my project, but I get to spend more money finding out what's wrong. Pretty groovy eh.