FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Info Erik Strait, aka Eriks Reptiles, Parasites and Misrepresentation
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #31
EriksReptiles
Hello,

Chris - Yes, I am just a Hobbyist. I do not breed animals for a living and do not breed them to make money. I mainly breed most of these animals for species preservation. There are not a ton of breeders of Uroplatus like there are with crested geckos, ball pythons, ect. Exportation of Uroplatus from Madagascar has basically shut down due to the wild populations decreasing from over exportation. I have had amazing success breeding them and have produced hundreds and hundreds of them. I have sold them to private collections, zoos, overseas, ect. Without strong breeding groups, a captive population with dwindle and disappear.

Yes, I am very busy. That’s why I use my phone so much for emailing because I’m not at a computer very often and time to sit down and cruise the internet is rare. Customer satisfaction is very important to me though and I try to reply within 24 hours.

Almost everything I have made reptile wise has gone back into them. I have a feeder bill that would make people cringe. But Reptiles are a big passion of mine, so I continue to keep and breed them.

Thanks Erik