FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - St Roberts Show
Thread: St Roberts Show
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #18
Karen Hulvey
Jim

You did not talk to me. You don't even know who I am. I had the tables next to Larry & Debbie. I had birds & hamsters. We were along the wall and were next to the guy who had the mata mata turtles, then it was the T shirt guy and then Paula with birds and then the herp society. FYI we had the two baby bloods that everyone so liked but didn't buy. Maybe that will help to identify who we are.

The burms did NOT and I repeat NOT have any bites of any kind on them.I don't know whose burms you were looking at but it wasn't ours. They were born the week of the show and hadn't even shed for the first time. That is both albino and normals. We did have one from last year's hatch left and it didn't have any bites on it at all.

If those balls were so terrible, then why do we still have them? According to you they should be dead by now.
Well, we still have them and I fed some today. You can come to our pet shop and see them if you want to.

When you buy in quantity you get them for a much better price. Therefore we sell them cheaper if we buy them cheaper. The idea is to sell them, not keep them forever. We only double our price, not triple, quadruple, etc.

I don't think you know as much as you think you know about reptiles and snakes in general or putting on shows for that matter.

The person who had the redfoot told me she was a vet. So how many vets were at that show if she wasn't with your group? She told me that the redfoot just needed a little Baytril to get it well. She didn't bother to tell me that the Baytril has to be injected but I already knew that. She tried to tell me that one eye wasn't swollen at all but it was swollen. I breed redfoots and I know a swollen eye when I see it. As for selling below wholesale, that redfoot was $50. I've never seen a redfoot anywhere for $50.

The same person who had the sick redfoot had pairs of crested geckoes for $250. I mean come on, that's ridiculus.

I still want to know what we were "giving away"? Our balls were not $12.50. I still think you have the wrong people.

I did see a very skinny subadult blood python at the table on the left as soon as you walk in the front door and other than the sick redfoot that is the only truly poor animal I saw.

As far as giving animals away and lowballing everyone, you need to attend the St. Louis Reptile show this weekend. There is a guy who comes in and lowballs everyone. He usually has about 10 tables. He has everything and I mean everything. Savannah monitors for $10, Corn Snakes for $10, Balls for $8, Alligators for $50, Emperor Scorpions for $3, Fire Belly Toads for $1.50, Adult Tomato Frogs $15, Crickets 1000 for $8 etc., etc., etc. Yet that show is always sold out. As far as that show losing vendors, no that has not happened. As far as I know, no one complains about him. Hell half the vendors buy their stuff from him at the end of the show. Hmmmm maybe you don't know what you're talking about regarding vedors after all.

How is selling albino burms for $99 giving them away?????? I don't think our prices were that bad especially on the stuff we bought to resell. The stuff was priced a couple dollars less than the regular pet shop price. I mean come on I know what they bought the stuff for and I look at all the wholesale lists. Some people overprice their stuff so bad it's crazy. I don't think we should screw the customer.

As far as the stuff we bred, it is our perogative to sell it for what we want to sell it for. It's nobody's business.

Other vendors are not going to stop coming to shows because we have a few animals that are priced less than theirs. It hasn't happened yet, in St. Louis, in Indiana, in South County, so why would it happen in St. Robert?

If you want to overprice your stuff that is your choice, but don't try to make everyone else follow your rules.

IF you had a problem w/us, why didn't you state it at the show? I'm sure Larry would liked to have talked to you about it. He is very particular about his animals and I'm sure he would have liked to explain to you what healthy, newborn, ball pythons and burmese pythons look like.

What is bothering me so much is you made all these accusations and cannot back up a single one. You should have made these comments directly to Larry at the show and not on this forum weeks later. It's as if you didn't have the balls to confront Larry.

Karen