FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Informal presidential election poll
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #86
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by akonitony View Post
Here's an interesting quote:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006!
Well, seriously, when your own government starts spending money like there is no tomorrow, doesn't it make you wonder just a little bit about what the heck is REALLY going on? Does everyone who gets to be in control of the purse strings of this country just go insane when they take office? Or do these people just know something about tomorrow that we don't?

Sorry, but I guess I just hope for logical answers to the obvious insanity that I see. The people in government can't possibly believe that the welfare of this country can be sustainable staying on the path we are on now. With the amount of money owed, and more debt being accumulated every year, what is it about the concept "bankrupt" that they just do not understand?

I dunno, maybe deep down in side, most people really do realize the deep doo-doo we are in, and would rather vote for someone who will give them pleasant sounding lies, instead of the brutally painful truth. Well, someone lying about the cliff they threw you over won't make the ground any softer feeling when you finally hit it.