FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Black Knight inquriy
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 AM   #12
bpc
Your arguments are comical to say the least. It's not illegal for me to use Black Knight in my home for any purpose I choose. It may be illegal for Black Knight to be marketed as a mite killer on reptiles, but once I get my hands on it, I can use it however I want. Here's plain and simple for ya, tell Bob Pound or whomever, to make a product that is as simple, affordable, and effective as Black Knight, and he won't have to spend so much time and money trying to eliminate the competition.

Have you ever even stopped to think about the name "provent-a-mite?" The product is designed and prescriped so that you have to use it BEFORE you ever see a mite. How great that must be for the guy who makes it! Use this stuff, and maybe you won't get mites. If you do, you weren't using enough, or you were doing it wrong, so use some more.

I've tried at least 6 different mite products. Black Knight is simplest, quickest, cheapest thing I've run into. As a breeder, I have no problems with the fact that it wasn't designed to kill mites, too bad, it does! What's next, I guess Vision cages can sue Sterilite because people use their boxes for snakes cages even though they weren't designed and tested to be used in that manner? I've tried Provent-a-mite, and as I said, I wasn't impressed. There were still live mites 24 hours later, I had to use MUCH more product than I do w/ BK, and the entire treatment process is just more time consuming. I would rate PAM about #4 on my list of products to use. #2 would be a product called "Rep-rinse," actually this could be a tie for #1 but I'm not sure they make it anymore. And #3 would be just about any of the other mite sprays you can find at a reptile show. In my experience, every one of them I've tried has been as effective, if not more effective than PAM, and they are not as expensive.