FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Question on Rosy Boa Brumation
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpents Lair View Post
This is my first go at Rosys. I have brumated female full of folicles ready to go. But the male I got her was NOT brumated. He is a young 2009 male. Does anyone have experience with non brumated males breeding? And what is the success rate, if any? Thank you
I keep mine year round together in a 20 gallon tank with screen lid on a UL approved human heat pad on medium, about 89 degrees under their hide... Room temp/cool end varies from 68-80 degrees and I just let mine do their thing, when they want to do it. Now is about the time. I'd send it! Meaning, make an introduction.
Some may differ with my method, but I keep 'boas' together because the male will still court/spur her at any given time, even 30 days before dropping, which I think is stimulating the young to 'wake up' and get ready for departure. lol.
I think a lot of people mess up on that note by separating. To each their own, but I see it often in 'boas' as I've dealt with them for 10 years or so. This applies to BCI's and Rosys' only. May work with others, but I have not worked with others.