FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hatchlings.. What to expect?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
joker040191
Welcome to the dragon world... I'm no expert this is only my second year breeding but ill answer your questions to the best of what I know and have learned..

Normally a a first time breeding female will only have once clutch its her second or third time breeding that she can double or triple clutch.. you never know how many times she will lay it all depends on if she has healthy weight and size and if she retains sperm... I've heard of females retaining sperm for up to 5 clutches but I highly doubt you will have to worry about that with a first time female.

Normally depending on the parents the babies will develop color as they age some showing more color fresh out of the egg will still only show better coloration as the get bigger and shed out.. please do be prepared to feed the little army until they are all properly sold at atleast 6-8 weeks. And still for a beginner breeder you may still have some babies with you for a while longer unless your looking to wholesale, hut still I'd wait till the dragons are 6-8 weeks

Price on babies always reflect market value, high end bloodlines and morphs are ofcourse higher in price and genetics are something you should definitely look into so you know exactly what your selling to perspective buyers. Most of the time the babies colors will vary some looking like the mom some looking like the father and then a mixture of both...

Hope this answers some of your questions if you have more you can definitely PM me and ill be happy to answer them for you