FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hatchlings.. What to expect?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #4
Horned Frog
Great, that was a lot of very helpful information from both joker040191 and sushidragon. I somewhat expected the coloration of hatchlings to be an extreme variable in the entire process. My friend who has the male is expecting to make money I think but for me it is just about the experience and I am running the entire situation. Here some pictures of the two, obviously the black beard is the male and the orange is my wink. As i mentioned before my avatar is her as a juvenile. As always its hard to do justice to color with an iPhone camera. I will say that the male is a much brighter tone of yellow (he is dark in most pictures). You can really see how wink's beard has come into maturation with orange, where as it used to be all white. She is in the lay box still, and still no eggs. Today marks the 23rd day since their first encounter so I am not worried, just very exited.
I am thinking that wholesale will be the best option (accept for local individuals that have any interest) but I know that winks breeder has expressed interest as well as a local reptile store.
I am going to incubate them at 84-85. I obviously have come across all this nonsense about the dragons temperament being better when incubated at lower temperatures and other such statements, but I ignored it. I think that an animals (especially dragons) temperament is largely based on how they are started. Obvioulsy there are individuals who just don't want to cooperate but is there any merit to this kind of stuff regarding incubation temps?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1377.jpg (370.3 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1380.jpg (287.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1460.jpg (309.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0617.jpg (293.0 KB, 124 views)