FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
Thread: Bad Guy Brandon Griffey
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #284
Python Dreams
I've done business with Brandon in the past, so I dont know if that makes me biased or not, but here is my opinion.

I personally would give back one of the snakes that I recieved. Maybe both, just to be done with the whole scenario. I can see where Brandon's/Tom's practices are at very least "questionable" and could have definitely sped up/caused the infection. But... I would also take my own practices (Xavier) into my thought process... Most of us know the effect "breeding season" can have on a healthy adult male Ball Python. Stress is involved and it can sometimes "effect" a big healthy male. So taking a hatchling, feeding it on a schedule to get it to breeding size as quick as possible, breeding it to multiple females, and then putting it up for sale as a breeder male... All before its first birthday, just seems "questionable" to me... Could that type of "lifestyle" be the most positive on a hatchling Ball Python? Could the stress of "power feeding" and early breeding create similar stress to lack of quarantine and instant introduction? I dont know... I think this young snake had pretty crazy life for a snake under a year of age. I would think some responsibility would be present from any "decent" seller.

I also find it very funny that some people can respond so self righteously positive that Brandon/Tom killed the snake, yet there is zero proof eitherway. I am surprised that some of you have such vast knowledge that you can say what caused the problems and wether they were pre-existing, or that the shipping and new home was so much more "stressfull" than his previous living conditions. Its good to know that your not jumping on either of the sides that can not be proven!

To be honest... I am also surprised that anyone would purchase/trade or sell/trade a 2011 as a breeder male... Just seems funny to me from either side of the fence. Surprises all around!