FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - Hate Crime? Give me a break
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #13
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Watermelons are not violent either, but it is still a racist act to place many at a place of worship that has African American members.

It is a racist and intolerant act if done where it would offend many of different faiths or races.

Try to look at it from the Muslims point of view, they were celebrating a part of their religion only to be confronted by pork which they are forbidden to eat. While it isn't harmful bodily, it does damage their perception of the American people.

America is supposed to be a melting pot of many different races & religions, not a hats filled society. While it may have been a stupid prank & not a crime, the people if caught should go for therapy to learn tolerance.

Things like this shows just how ignorant people are. We are sliding back in evolution, fearing what we don't understand.
We will agree to disagree.

I'm not sure anyone is fearing what they don't understand. Someone placed Bacon down! How do we know it wasn't a muslim themselves? How do we know it wasn't some kids with muslim friends? How do we know this "hate crime" was actually done because of hate?

I'm agreeing with Steve on this one.

To each their own. I wouldn't have done it purely because of the waste of bacon. Tasteless vs. Okay. I'm not into all that. I find some rather crude things funny, I think it's personality.

Crime or not, why waste the bacon? Why whine that this is a crime when nothing actually happened.

I'll end by saying if this "does damage their perception of the American people" isn't that a complete generalization? Stereotype? So we shouldn't think they are all terrorists, but they are still probably going to hate all American's for this?

Okay, I get it...not.

For the record, I love everyone! I honestly have no issues with any race or religion. I know sometimes text might put a different feel on a conversation. I'm just conversing though, no hard feelings.