FaunaClassifieds - View Single Post - An Awful Adoption Experience
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #57
leaveittoweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenglock View Post
Idk how clear i can be on this so ill say it again, I DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING CERTAIN RESCUES REQUIRE FOR ADOPTION, im sorry you couldnt adopt the dog you fell for, but obviously there was something on your application they didnt agree with, im only stating the facts, stop taking things so personally! Rescues exist because they have adopters and supporters, i would think if a rescue was truly just "out to get you" then they wouldnt be in business, so that means there are people out there who are approvable through there adoption process, JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDNT MEET THERE REQUIREMENTS DOESNT MEAN YOUR A BAD PET OWNER, IT ONLY MEANS YOU DIDNT MEET THEIR STANDARDS, so try a different rescue!!!! its that simple!!
With so many homeless dogs, rescues need to lower their standards a little because it's out of control. I mean honestly, a lot of rescues are just so elitist. I want to adopt a greyhound when I rent a place that allows dogs and I'm scared to death I'll get turned down for whatever stupid reason.

Honestly I think a lot of people who "rescue" do it because it's an ego boost, and it makes them feel good about themselves. I swear these people get on an elitist bandwagon and go on power trips together turning down great homes for not painting their house the right color.